WISCONSIN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-5, 6-4 Big Ten) vs. Wisconsin Badgers (3-10, 0-10 Big Ten)
Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021, 7 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Live Video: B1G Network+ (Matt Coatney, Jeff Griesch)
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (6:45 p.m.) Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst) Lincoln (B107.3 FM), Omaha (ESPN 590 AM), Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Games at home, with no fans but it still seems to be a factor for all the B1G teams, even this pandemic year. Worth 10 points?

Going for some Coley time on the floor tonight. 

Sounds like Cayton is here to stay for a while.  Wonder how Issie is coming along with the ankle.

Edited by redsteve

Listening to Sports Nightly with Matt & Coach Amy I'm not sure but I think Amy said Issie would be out for another week. I caught her comment in passing and it wasn't exactly clear. :Redface: I think they may be holding Issie back if she really isn't needed vs Wisconsin, for later in the season when she will be needed.

7 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Listening to Sports Nightly with Matt & Coach Amy I'm not sure but I think Amy said Issie would be out for another week. I caught her comment in passing and it wasn't exactly clear. :Redface: I think they may be holding Issie back if she really isn't needed vs Wisconsin, for later in the season when she will be needed.

I listened to the show and coach said that both Issie and Trinity continue to improve a little each day.  She said it is really just day to day as to when they will play.  I too think they will hold her out tonight and then have 7 days before the next 2 game road trip.

Edited by HUD

5 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Would love to just see Coley play a couple minutes even just to see it. 

i sure hope the coach and the staff do not "overthink" this one.......let her get at least some minutes playing with her teammates. imo, it can only help for the future of Coley. goodness, coach whalen put borowicz out there against wisconsin. she was the first one in minny to graduate early and join the gophers. i am pretty positive she practiced no more than a week with the gophers. plus, she's playing a position (guard) in college where guard play pretty much rules. if they want to "gradually" do this, fine, but start now by at least giving her a few minutes!

The team continues to astound.  I only listened to Matt’s call but we seemed to play well except for the stretch in 4th quarter.   Young girls are contributing and gaining confidence.  Looking forward to the return of Bourne and Brady and seeing if team flow and chemistry does not become disrupted.