Kate Cain on Naismith Defensive PoY Watch List

Red Don

• Red Don changed the title to Kate Cain on Naismith Defensive PoY Watch List

So listening/watching last night it was talked about Kate and the WNBA. Now I think the WNBA is the type of league you have to fit into. Kelsey Griffin never really found her place in the league. Say what you want about WNBL but she really has proven to be able to play at the next level. I think Kate with her ability to be a shot blocker can find a place in the WNBA. Thoughts?

Edited by All About the Corn

I could see a team taking a shot on her. Just not that many 6' 5" ladies, with nice touch around the basket, and shot blocking skills. I don't see her as a starting player, but could add some depth to a roster.

Up to now, basketball has been a part of her college experience. She's also a student. Based on graduating in 3 years, and now pursuing a Masters Degree, she works hard at her studies.  Hard telling what she could achieve, playing basketball, if it was her main focus.

Then again, is the WNBA something she'd like to pursue?  She might have other plans, and her education should give her the opportunities.

I'm wondering whether Kate might not elect to return next year as she apparently has another year of eligibility.  She is really coming into her own and if you listen to her interview loves playing with this team!  @12dozenis right, Kate Cain is very impressive; well-spoken and eloquent and should find success in whatever path she chooses.

Early in the season my feeling was that she probably wouldn't come back for another year.  At his point of the season after listening to her post game interviews especially the last one you can see she is very articulate and one smart young lady.  She really is enjoying playing with this group and it is reflected in her play.  She is in her masters program and a 5th year of college that would be paid for might be just what she wants.  That would help the job search outside of BB.  If professional BB is something she wants to try then another year of honing her skills would work for that as well.  I hope she decides to come back as with the returning players and new recruits we could be pretty salty.