whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, Jakesbff said:

You all are gonna be lucky if you have Maggie next year.  Or hake tbh. Just sayin 

Don't think you got to preach to the choir on anything.  I think a majority of us are on the same page as you. It's time for some better coaches. I have been saying this for a couple years now. 

We may win a big game here and there but we will never win on a consistent basis.  Coach just doesn't coach or play at a big ten level. End of story.  

5 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Don't think you got to preach to the choir on anything.  I think a majority of us are on the same page as you. It's time for some better coaches. I have been saying this for a couple years now. 

We may win a big game here and there but we will never win on a consistent basis.  Coach just doesn't coach or play at a big ten level. End of story.  

Looking back on things all those years ago, it is still SHOCKING to me how readily fans on this board threw the single-most successful coach in this program's history under the bus just because fat Jess Shepard thought practices were too tough. And how willing the former administration was to paint her as a racist in order to justify getting rid of her. And how comfortable local media figures were to dismiss her as maxed out as a Sweet 16-level coach.

I think it's helpful to remind some of you of your former positions so that the next time we have a good thing going, you're not so willing to watch it walk out the door.

I freaking loved Connie!!! Bring her back now that Jess is gone because I truly believe she is the reason she got fired to begin with. We need a coach that is going to make players get in shape and want to fight on the defensive end. Was truly the worse thing for the women. Would be curious where we would be had she still been here. 

3 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I freaking loved Connie!!! Bring her back now that Jess is gone because I truly believe she is the reason she got fired to begin with. We need a coach that is going to make players get in shape and want to fight on the defensive end. Was truly the worse thing for the women. Would be curious where we would be had she still been here. 

Agreed about Yori. She was the real deal and something about her “resignation” in spring of 2016 never smelled right to me. 
Is she happy with her current role on the Creighton staff? Does she miss head coaching at all? How about this - if we apologize to her, if we assure her that the idiot AD who forced her to resign 7 years ago is long gone and if we ask her reeeeeeeally nicely, do you think maybe she’d be interested?? 

48 minutes ago, Neb Nets said:

Agreed about Yori. She was the real deal and something about her “resignation” in spring of 2016 never smelled right to me. 
Is she happy with her current role on the Creighton staff? Does she miss head coaching at all? How about this - if we apologize to her, if we assure her that the idiot AD who forced her to resign 7 years ago is long gone and if we ask her reeeeeeeally nicely, do you think maybe she’d be interested?? 

I recently came across some information that leads me to believe her resignation had more to do with personal issues than any investigation with the program.  I could be wrong, but her resignation made a lot more sense to me when I stumbled across this.  And I'm sorry I'm being cryptic, but I don't feel it's any of my beeswax to splash it all over social media.

I feel she is a fantastic coach and has had tremendous influence on the Creighton program which has led to their recent success.  I would take her back in a heartbeat.  There was nothing in the info I found that cast her in a negative light.  If anything, it put her in a more positive light in my mind.

2 hours ago, huskerchode said:

I recently came across some information that leads me to believe her resignation had more to do with personal issues than any investigation with the program.  I could be wrong, but her resignation made a lot more sense to me when I stumbled across this.  And I'm sorry I'm being cryptic, but I don't feel it's any of my beeswax to splash it all over social media.

I feel she is a fantastic coach and has had tremendous influence on the Creighton program which has led to their recent success.  I would take her back in a heartbeat.  There was nothing in the info I found that cast her in a negative light.  If anything, it put her in a more positive light in my mind.

Connie Yori will never coach again and will especially never coach Nebraska again. She likes what she's doing. Watching film, game planning etc.  And she does not have to recruit and put up with sometimes bratty teen-agers.  It's no Coincidence that Creighton has gotten better with her behind the scenes work.