whoopdeedoo

was talking to a buddy the other day. stated might keep an eye on a freshman from Tea, SD---Katie Vasecka---6'1" pg,sg. transferred in from New Prague, Mn. has immediately turned Tea into a contender. i believe she is averaging 18ppg. the link to the highlights are from New Prague when she was an 8th grader. appears to have some quickness and very good ball handling skills---for a 6'1" 8th grader.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13876831/Katie-Vasecka

side note: in case anyone read the post on the "phenom" from Corsica-Stickney (Avery Broughton) has torn her ACL. hope she has a full recovery. talented gal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, whoopdeedoo said:

was talking to a buddy the other day. stated might keep an eye on a freshman from Tea, SD---Katie Vasecka---6'1" pg,sg. transferred in from New Prague, Mn. has immediately turned Tea into a contender. i believe she is averaging 18ppg. the link to the highlights are from New Prague when she was an 8th grader. appears to have some quickness and very good ball handling skills---for a 6'1" 8th grader.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13876831/Katie-Vasecka

side note: in case anyone read the post on the "phenom" from Corsica-Stickney (Avery Broughton) has torn her ACL. hope she has a full recovery. talented gal.

i noticed she has been named the #1 recruit in SD for 2024

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from the article in the Argus Leader:

Sheppard, a sophomore, has spent many Friday mornings playing basketball in the past two years, because the last few summers she has spent nearly every morning in the weight room. Always a natural basketball talent, the 6-foot-1 guard added 20 pounds to her frame this past summer to improve her ability to play through contact and handle the physicality of being a key assignment for most defenses who play her. 

grew up not far at all from Flandreau. ol' hs best friend knows some people from Flandreau. texted with him last night and he stated it sounds like SDSU may have the best shot at getting a commit from her. Flandreau is only about 25 minutes from SDSU. never know till it's announced.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

19 hours ago, 12dozen said:

The Coyotes and Jackrabbits have excellent WBB programs.  I could see her staying home.  Wouldn't blame her.   Hoping Britt Prince likes home cookin' too.

don't want to turn this into a Jack/Yote thread, but, agree. both schools recruit sd, minn, iowa, nd, and ne pretty hard. get a few from wisc too. this is the year for the Yotes to make a little run in the NCAA's. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

don't want to turn this into a Jack/Yote thread, but, agree. both schools recruit sd, minn, iowa, nd, and ne pretty hard. get a few from wisc too. this is the year for the Yotes to make a little run in the NCAA's. 

I have an older brother who graduated from USD.  I lived in Beresford through freshman year of high school.  Still have a soft spot for all things SD. (50+ years later)

11 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

I have an older brother who graduated from USD.  I lived in Beresford through freshman year of high school.  Still have a soft spot for all things SD. (50+ years later)

i live in ne/sd now. grew up in madison. i follow jacks pretty close......but, this could very well be the year for the Yotes to make some noise if they can get to the NCAA's. became a little tougher for jacks without their star freshman.

• 2 months later...