Allison Weidner 2021 Commit

Red Don

On 7/31/2019 at 5:23 AM, redsteve said:

Nebraska has offered 2021 5-9 guard Allison Weidner from Humphrey St Francis. (per the Omaha newspaper)

Weidner has made a visit yesterday to UNL, and was offered on the visit..  She plays this summer on the  All Nebraska Attack team. 

She was the 2019 Nebraska Class D state track Champion in the 400, 800, and 1600.  

Will make visits to other schools before deciding, but could commit early.

The Columbus Telegram Newspaper just before 2019 State tourney::

2021Allison Weidner, Humphrey SF, so: She's one of the state's top point guards regardless of class; averages 19.8 points per game and has 169 assists and 155 steals. Fifteen blocks, too.

Last Feb 2019 article:

Weidner was named First Team All-State over the weekend and was named the Honorary Captain of the D-2 squad by the Lincoln Journal Star.

https://columbustelegram.com/sports/high-school/no-flyer-girls-clinch-second-straight-trip-to-state/article_cbd89055-6c0b-53ad-aa14-d230647ca62e.html

Allison Weidner.jpg

Allison Weidner.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 5/21/2021 at 8:06 AM, All About the Corn said:

Great to see Allison finish up her HS career on a high note. So do we know when the incoming class is coming in? Will some or all take summer classes and get a early start? 

well, coach williams stated in an interview that the new class would partake in workouts in june....the only exception may be the transfer from oregon. she has classes to finish and may get to lincoln late june. 

the more i hear about Allison, the more excited i am to see what she brings. no doubt very athletic.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

I followed her career the last several years and she is the real deal.  Besides winning the 800 meter run in a great time and anchoring the 4x800 to a gold medal plus getting 6th in the triple jump her biggest feat may have been winning the 400 meter run in 57.73 which almost broke the 27 year old class D record.  The 400 takes speed, guts and endurance.  She saved her best for last.

• 5 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems to work for me. :Redface:   Here is the link (that embedded ok for me - slightly different that the link you posted above)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SNL2kVc9sc

I think the difference may be the source of the link.  I pasted your link in my browser, which played in YouTube; then I copied the url in my browers title bar & pasted in this post - Voila!  :wink:

(Great Bio btw; my Dad was born in Humphrey)

Edited by Red Don

well.....for the most part, nice article by Abby Barmore of the OWH. i just think it's kind of a "strong" headline for someone that hasn't played a college game yet. one could say puts lotta pressure on the freshman. otherwise, good article. 

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/allison-weidner-has-opportunity-for-historic-career-at-nebraska/article_9828ac1e-ee2a-11eb-90dc-23abc40fdc72.html

(you may need to be a subscriber---i took the one deal, for, something like $1 for 3 months?)

“Her athleticism, her playmaking ability, she can jump, she sees the floor really, really well,” Nebraska Attack coach Zach Isherwood said. “She's an exceptional passer. And she's kind of a pleaser; she wants to get everything right. And she is very, very competitive. And she hates to lose and she craves coaching.”

The Weidners drove an hour and 45 minutes one way to Omaha for practice at least twice a week. They also made financial sacrifices for the travel, too. But the cold-meat sandwiches and homework done in the car paid off.

Weidner also began training with Thomas Viglianco of Viglianco Hoops. Viglianco, who worked with professional players like Isaiah Roby and Jessica Sheppard, tweaked Allison’s shooting stroke and worked on ball handling during one-on-one game-like situations. Viglianco Hoops, based in Lincoln, was another 90-minute road trip on Sundays.

Edited by whoopdeedoo