Kendall Coley, early enrollee is on Campus

Red Don

Minnesota high school standout Kendall Coley has joined the Nebraska women's basketball and is expected to be eligible to play this season for the Huskers, following the completion of standard medical testing for an incoming student-athlete, Coach Amy Williams announced on Tuesday, Jan. 19.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/1/19/womens-basketball-coley-joins-huskers-as-early-enrollee.aspx

Minnesota high school standout Kendall Coley has joined the Nebraska women's basketball and is expected to be eligible to play this season for the Huskers, following the completion of standard medical testing for an incoming student-athlete, Coach Amy Williams announced on Tuesday, Jan. 19.

Coley, who was ranked as a top-50 player nationally by ESPN, All-Star Girls Report and Prospects Nation in the 2021 high school senior class, graduated from St. Louis Park High School in Minneapolis late last week. She moved to Lincoln over the weekend and has completed mandatory testing to comply with COVID-19 protocols. She will be in attendance for Nebraska's Tuesday afternoon game against Minnesota, but she will not be in uniform. She has not practiced with the Huskers.

Was watching the Womens Basketball facebook story. Looks like Cayton is practicing and actually looked pretty mobile. Saw Coley running lines with them as well so she is getting in on the fun. No Brady yet. Still in street clothes. She must of really messed that ankle up. Dont think I saw Bourne out there either.

6 hours ago, redsteve said:

We play Illinois next...Coley might get a few min on floor if we get a lead and control of the game.  May be the best opportunity to break her in to the B1G.

Come on coach...put her in !  : )

i'd really be surprised if she doesn't get a few minutes......and, who knows, maybe a little more. especially if Bourne is still out.

I got to watch Kendall play several times his summer. Her body will draw natural comparisons to nicea but their games are way different. Kendall is a quick and a good athlete but not nearly as bouncy or fast from end to end  as Nicea I don’t think — in fact after watching her several times last summer she was “less athletic than I thought she would be based the eye test”.  However she has a very high b-ball iq and is a very natural passer and has more “grit and toughness” than her physical appearance made me anticipate.   What really impressed me was her iq and vocal leadership. She isn’t a Pg but almost a point forward. Bad comparison but a little like a Danny manning type game.  She is very charismatic and should also be a GREAT recruiter for he Huskers.  Other kids will want to play with her 

She was recruited as a 3 player.  That position has been decimated with the injuries to Taylor K, Trinity B, Ruby P & Issie B.  Look for her to give a lot of effort in whatever minutes she gets which will help on defense and rebounding.  Gives us some height at guard where we somewhat vertically challenged.

• 2 weeks later...

this is from Feb 3rd, but, here is the story....

https://hailvarsity.com/womens-basketball/huskers-slowly-working-freshman-wing-kendall-coley-into-the-fold/?fbclid=IwAR1t9FKL3lQWe0RFFBsTLoZFgHDwWW8pq_u5MME3Ii10Oec7yAl5aed7O2E

no doubt....1 minute is SLOWLY!  🙄🤷‍♂️

i would just think she could be out there long enough to get into the "flow of the game". that doesn't take 8, 10, 12 minutes necessarily.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

This is one thing Williams does. She can bring along players a little too slow at times. Helms was another player, granted she was recovering from surgery but I would had liked to see her have more time last year. It would be nice to see Coley get 5-7 minutes a game.

Edited by All About the Corn

1 hour ago, kansashusker said:

If Helms could have helped at all she would have played more.  No ifs and or buts about it.

Not sure if it was her injuries, or just a recruiting 'reach', but never did see anything on the court that would indicate, she would be an impact type of player for Nebraska.