Whitney Brown

redsteve

Have been really happy for Whitney. She came in as a Nebraska kid walk on, and I thought she might just start out by watching a lot of the games.

But because of circumstances... injuries,  covid..etc.. she was given a chance. Her sheer determination, scrappiness,  and hard work has really made me a fan.

Her love for the game...a Nebraska game....really shines through. She's a good ball handler, and her 3 is coming around.

It might be safe to say...she see a lot of floor time from here on out.  Congtrats Whitney :)

Edited by redsteve

That ankle level pass from Kate (I think) after she had stolen/rebounded the ball to Whitney streaking to the basket for a lay-up was a thing of Beauty!   She has Basketball Sense!.

:Redface: Sorry, think it's Annika to Whitney(mis-remembering :Lol:)

Edited by Red Don

I'm sensing that beginning next year we might start finding ourselves in a scholarship bind.  As I understand it everyone this year gets an extra year of eligibility, if they want it.  We have five highly-regarded recruits in the incoming class.  That will put us at or close to the limit of 15 schollies for at least the next couple of years.  That is without some recruits that may be starting to give us second looks if we continue our winning ways.

A scholarship opened up when Helms left so with the five recruits coming in next year we will still be OK with giving one to Whitney.  Even if Kate as the only senior comes back for a fifth year we would still be OK since the NCAA will increase scholarship limits for one year.  I have been a Whitney Brown fan for years but she has already exceeded my expectations.  Take a look at conference only stats and you will see see leads the team in the very important assists to turnovers ratio.  She is at 2.0 which is excellent.  No one on the team is close to that.  That included playing against some of the leagues best teams. 

from Sipple's column:

* Amy Williams wasn't the most talented Nebraska women's basketball player in history. Far from it, in fact. I'm pretty sure she would agree.

But she was scrappy, smart and team-oriented. So, no surprise that's the way her teams play. 

Tip your cap to the Huskers (7-4, 5-3 Big Ten), who have twice beaten top-15 teams this season with no more than eight players available. 

You can't control a lot of things in life, but you can control effort. Williams' crew is playing excellent defense. Defense is mostly about effort. 

Time to make an effort to watch this team more closely. 

It's inspiring to watch hard work turn into joy.

Brown reminds me of those walk on Nebraska football kids who would show up the out of state scholarship recruits back in the 90s. They would show them what it means to be a Husker.  She loves NE basketball and it shows. This team is taking on that type of personality. Perhaps with everything that has/is going on, this team, including it's staff is making the turn. 

4 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

from Severe' and Benning this morning.......from their comments, sounds like sam will not be covering huskerwbb for OWH anymore. will be the above mentioned Abby Barmore?

Shout out to Sam.......     If you could steer Miss Barmore in our direction, it would be appreciated.   Thank You, for your contributions to this site.  GBR