OHIO STATE GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Ohio State's...laconic...first half helped, no doubt.

But Nebraska got Ohio State's full effort in the second half and withstood it. 

It's a really tough team. Especially Cravens. They've lamented not having a player like her for years. Now, they do, and from Eastern Washington, no less. Her contribution cannot be underestimated. She does precisely what the team had needed for a long time. 

I wasn't able to watch game...just saw the YouTube replay. The replay makes them look like wonder women And it's appropriate.

Seems like the absence of Issie, may have made them pull together and made them give it all they had. 

Maybe it's weird to think, but they kind of played like Issie does. Unselfishly. Team ball.

Cravers his improved so much...like said above she's the on the boards inside element we've missed so much. 

Porter has settled down and.. slowed down so much, plays much more team ball than when she started here. Has the feel of the game and the pace needed.

Truly impressive today

Edited by redsteve

I love how if someone doesn't agree with your thoughts, then you resort to calling them names and swearing at them. What are you, a spoiled  13 year old? Grow up!!!!  This is a discussion board.  If you don't agree with someone's thoughts then please try to be at least courteous in explaining why you disagree in the future.

That said, I want to congratulate the lady huskers and their  coach(s) on getting this short handed team playing so well.  I'll be honest, I never saw this happening a few weeks ago.  Actually I don't think anyone did.  I hope they continue to keep it up.  Kind of reminds me of Tim Miles last few games when he only had a few players able to play.  

Also congrats to Cain.  Best game of her life here so far.  Hopefully this is how she will finish out the rest of her career here.

Was not able to watch this game live, but i caught the replay late last night.  Truly impressive!  KC has had some good games as a Husker But I have never seen play like she did yesterday!  A true force in the lane.  No one had a bad game and I loved seeing the teamwork.  I really doubted that this team would climb the hill that was laid out in front of them, and I am glad to say that I was wrong. 

But I am saddened at the name calling and the juvie taunt of one commenter and would hate to see this forum deteriorate into personal attacks.  Members are not "a-holes" for having expressed an opinion nor does any expression of opinion deserve to be answered by a playground taunt.  I hope that member will withdraw his comment and, for the good of the board, will not do it again. 

Amy's teams have always had more than their share of adversity.

Here's the team after defeating highly regarded Indiana in her first season (7-22 & 3-13) on Feb 19, 2017 (Pink Game) after losing 8 straight B1G Games.

image.png

A Characteristic of All Amy Williams' teams is:  GRIT; NO QUIT!!!