Nebraska Basketball team activities have been paused

hugh42

This seems applicable to resurface:

Test Positivity Rate and Population Positivity Rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:

• Test positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
    • Green 0-2%
    • Orange 2-5%
    • Red >5%
  • Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
    • Green 0-3.5%
    • Orange 3.5-7.5%
    • Red >7.5%

Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:

• Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
  • Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
  • Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Hoiberg mentioned last night on the "Nebraska Basketball Show" that a couple of players may still be dealing with the health and safety protocol. He didn't say who it was, however.

I think Abdelmassih is still in the protocol, from his own recent tweet.

Should be a good listen, with team and covid updates.
Broadcast should be archived on soundcloud if you miss the program (or want to skip the commercials :wink:).

10 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

We'll have to see who takes the court with Yvan and Eduardo

If we are limited to Yvan and Eduardo, I would suggest employing the 1-0-1 zone defense.  It leaves some open shots on the wing, but it also confuses the offense because they never practice against it.

I have actually seen this defense employed, with my high school's girls' basketball team.  There were seven players total on the team, and in one game all five starters fouled out, so it was five on two for the last two and a half minutes.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

3 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Just glad coach is doing better. I always kind of worried what would happen if he got it with his condition. Dont care what happens the rest of the year coach and our boys are healthy that's a win.

I'm pretty much there myself.

Nebraska was in the Red/Red (see above) so the whole program was shut down until Monday. According to coach on Monday we got everyone cleared through the Covid protocol except for 2 guys. However we had 2 guys that weren't feeling well due to something else who sat out and then Banton rolled his ankle which left us with 7 players. (where are the walkons?)  Hoiberg was so beat up that one day he just spent watching all the American Pies.

Listening to Hoiberg talk about the team coming together after so much time off makes me think of the spring training scene from Major League

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/fastbreak-huskers-working-their-way-back-after-layoff

(content open to all)

***Hoiberg said he never felt like he needed to go to the hospital during his bout with COVID, but he did lose about 10 pounds during his recovery.

***After a rough first practice back on Sunday, Hoiberg said Tuesday’s session was much better. The Huskers only had seven available players on Sunday, but they were back up to 10 on Tuesday after two players returned from non-COVID illnesses.

***Hoiberg said two players were still going through the team’s return to play protocol and were not yet cleared to practice fully. However, he expected both of those players would be cleared by the end of the week.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Looking at Huskers.com now.

Changes apprear to be the Penn State addition, as you mentioned.

And Illinois is now "MAR 1 (MON) - MAR 5 (FRI)"

We have Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa possibly still to reschedule. This makes me think we could have a game between Feb. 23-28 and Illinois + 1 other game between Mar. 1-7.

Edited by HuskerFever

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

We have Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa possibly still to reschedule. This makes me think we could have a game between Feb. 23-28 and Illinois + 1 other game between Mar. 1-7.

Fred said last night that they have 2 days off after Purdue, and then starting.next Tuesday (which we now know is PSU) they will play every other day through the end of the season. That gets all the games in by my calc. I expect next Thurs will be either Minn or @IA (they are both off all week), Rutgers to move from Sun to Sat, and then M, W, F to get iA/Min, ILL, and Purduex in before NW finale on that Sun. 

4 hours ago, Lohusker said:

Fred said last night that they have 2 days off after Purdue, and then starting.next Tuesday (which we now know is PSU) they will play every other day through the end of the season. That gets all the games in by my calc. I expect next Thurs will be either Minn or @IA (they are both off all week), Rutgers to move from Sun to Sat, and then M, W, F to get iA/Min, ILL, and Purduex in before NW finale on that Sun. 

They just said on BTN that Neb will get 4 in a row at home. So Minn must be the game next Thursday and not @IA.

9 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Talk about a tough stretch.  Playing 5 straight nights against one of the toughest teams in the conference.  

🤣

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

It's nice that our team can finally get SO much rest between games. But from a fan perspective, it would have been nice to watch another game tonight.

For real. Gotten so used to a game at least every other night now that they have 2 days rest it has me wandering around the house like...

20210219_105001.jpg

Edited by cornfed24-7
Sp