Nebraska Basketball team activities have been paused

hugh42

12 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Bad news - we need all the practice we can get

So much THIS. I'd take a winless remaining schedule as long as we can get some game time to play. We've had two seasons in a row of restarting our roster and I don't want to make it three. Get the reps in now, learn from it, and build something going into next season.

If we pause for the Big 10 required 17 days.... then we're looking at losing 3-4 games.

On the flip side... if we get our team quarantine out of the way now, and we're the only team to show up in Indy for the Big 10 tournament... does that mean we automatically represent the conference in the Dance?

For some much-needed perspective, Penn State paused their basketball operations on the 6th, and returned to practice yesterday (five days later).

They plan to play their next game on the 17th, missing two games (against Michigan and Rutgers).

https://onwardstate.com/2021/01/10/report-penn-state-hoops-to-resume-practicing-january-11/

I know it's not ideal, but this isn't the end of the world.  It was folly to think we were gonna get through the season without having something like this happen anyway.  Best we can hope for is everyone to get better soon and get back to action ASAP.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

What schematically should we try to change during this break?

I'd vote for a couple of new defensive schemes. Not sure this crew is capable of being a great offensive team, but it can sure play better defense. Try some zones, half-court traps, anything that accounts for our physical strengths/limitations and can at least confuse the opposition.

5 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I'd vote for a couple of new defensive schemes. Not sure this crew is capable of being a great offensive team, but it can sure play better defense. Try some zones, half-court traps, anything that accounts for our physical strengths/limitations and can at least confuse the opposition.

Press and Run... now that we're about 10-11 deep?