Sam Haiby - B1G Honor Roll

Red Don

https://huskers.com/news/2021/1/11/womens-basketball-haiby-named-to-b1g-weekly-honor-roll.aspx

Haiby Named to B1G Weekly Honor Roll

Nebraska junior Sam Haiby claimed a spot on the Big Ten Women's Basketball Weekly Honor Roll after strong back-to-back road efforts for the Big Red in Michigan.

The 5-9 guard from Moorhead, Minn., produced the first double-double of her career with 11 points and a career-high 12 rebounds to go along with four assists in helping the Huskers to a 68-64 road win at No. 23 Michigan State on Sunday in East Lansing.

Haiby's performance against the Spartans followed a big 27-point, nine-rebound effort in a narrow 64-62 loss at unbeaten and No. 15 Michigan on Thursday. For the week, Haiby averaged 19.0 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists. For the season, Haiby leads Nebraska in scoring (16.7 ppg), rebounding (7.8 rpg), assists (3.8 apg) and steals (1.3 spg).

• 3 weeks later...

no, i don't believe Haiby really would have much of a chance, however, i thought she might deserve a mention. 

i think odds are no doubt with Hillmon-----however, i wouldn't count Clark out. potential is there-i really like her all around game.  watched a couple of Clouden's games (didn't see the one against the huskers) she is having a very good year, but, MSU is rather up and down. have only seen one game of Rutgers and one of Maryland. neither one of those teams candidates did anything "special" (or however one wants to state it) that game. don't know too much about their season as a whole. i know Guirantes was pretty much a beast last season.