"2020" Husker Volleyball

HuskerFever

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Why was Hames benched?

Besides the ball smashing Nicklin's face, the Huskers do have a rotation with the young setter Anni Evans and vet Jazz Sweet as well. Since Evans did well in the 1st point, NU kept her in there to finish it out on set point.

Edited by AuroranHusker

This is actually mesmerizing if you think about it.  Some things that happened the year Nebraska started the stream?

Michael Jackson's Thriller album was released.  E.T. Debuts.  The FIRST issue of the USA Today is written.  EPCOT opened at Disney.  Kelly Clarkson was born.  Ronald Reagan was president.

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Sucks we couldn't see #1 UW vs #4 NU this weekend..... and, of course, the Big Ten left no room for make-up games for their premier programs, much like the football in the fall.

That's unfortunate. Haven't kept up with the scheduling of volleyball beyond "we play back to back matches", but they should've factored in a few postponements throughout the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'd imagine that Nebraska will make the tournament while this probably hurts Penn St. the most, since they've had their past 4 matches canceled with COVID concerns.

Yeah I just don't know where the selection committee stands. Nebraska is #53 in RPI, in a year where only 48 teams make the tournament (32 automatic bids).

99% sure HuskerFever is joking, but the fact that he posted more than once will get me to bite. The RPI is not useful for college volleyball this year because of the fewer amount of games and varied number of games amongst teams. Army West Point is #2 with a 3-2 record and Towson is #3 with a 4-0 record. Delaware is #36 with a 3-6 record. I think we'll get a 2 seed.