No Game Tomorrow

hskr4life

10 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Thanks for the info...and for the spelling correction. 

No problem,

To make matters more complicated, Universities are subject to not one (HIPAA) but two (FERPA) major privacy laws.  While FERPA is not quite as complex as HIPAA, it is complex enough to the point that the most convenient course of action (and the one that's the least likely to get your ass fired or thrown in prison) is to essentially not divulge any information about any individual ever, and if it becomes a pressing matter, you must refer the inquiry to someone in HR.

It has also created a job for quite a few people who are interested in dealing with this crap in the HR field.

11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Penn St cancelled another game.

If Purdue plays on Friday, I think that means we might be in trouble of playing a few more games

quicker season ends...the quicker I can cancel my hulu subscription.  only got it to watch the Huskers.  That being said...I'm not really ready for the season to end for us. 

World Herald says today that NU practiced Thursday after taking Tue/Wed off. Sounds like we may have had a bit of an issue, but they now believe we can play Sunday. Of course, as always, it's all day to day.

EDIT: Should add all of this was attributed to the infamous "source within the program". Additionally, the article made sure to mention that if any player tests positive, he has to sit out 17 days now, unlike the 21 Andre had to sit out previously. So that extra mention could mean someone in the program tested positive, so the "source" wanted to make sure the new rule regarding sit out time is in the minds of readers. 

As mentioned earlier, with HIPAA laws, I don't think NU will announce any cases; it would have to come from the player. With Andre, NU never said it was covid; everyone else just assumed it was.

So if one or more players are positive, I doubt NU would say ahead of Sunday, "Players A & B will miss the game." We'd find out from Kent when he asks Coach on the pregame show about the starters, I'd imagine, or when players aren't at the game.

Edited by throwback

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The reason you don't practice is because at least one guy on the team got covid and you're looking to avoid spreading.

Good sign we're practicing and it's just a matter of when it's publicly announced which guy(s) will miss the next 3-4 games

It's possible it may not be a player, but a coach, trainer, etc.

5 hours ago, throwback said:

World Herald says today that NU practiced Thursday after taking Tue/Wed off. Sounds like we may have had a bit of an issue, but they now believe we can play Sunday. Of course, as always, it's all day to day.

EDIT: Should add all of this was attributed to the infamous "source within the program". Additionally, the article made sure to mention that if any player tests positive, he has to sit out 17 days now, unlike the 21 Andre had to sit out previously. So that extra mention could mean someone in the program tested positive, so the "source" wanted to make sure the new rule regarding sit out time is in the minds of readers. 

As mentioned earlier, with HIPAA laws, I don't think NU will announce any cases; it would have to come from the player. With Andre, NU never said it was covid; everyone else just assumed it was.

So if one or more players are positive, I doubt NU would say ahead of Sunday, "Players A & B will miss the game." We'd find out from Kent when he asks Coach on the pregame show about the starters, I'd imagine, or when players aren't at the game.

NU announced after the first game that a player in the program who did not play had tested positive and was isolating. Obviously, Andre was the only one not at the game so the dots were easy to connect, and then Hoiberg talked about him missing time and not being able to practice and all that.

So... from the hints we have gathered...

1.  One of our players tested positive.  Likely one of our players from a country not named America.  (Island Country?)  However, that’s like half our roster I think so it doesn’t narrow it down as much as one would think.

2.  Team was in isolation until they found out no one else is positive.  No practice for 2-3 days.

3.  Team returned to practice and expected to play Sunday.

4.  Player who tested positive is out until late to end of January.

18 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So... from the hints we have gathered...

1.  One of our players tested positive.  Likely one of our players from a country not named America.  (Island Country?)  However, that’s like half our roster I think so it doesn’t narrow it down as much as one would think.

2.  Team was in isolation until they found out no one else is positive.  No practice for 2-3 days.

3.  Team returned to practice and expected to play Sunday.

4.  Player who tested positive is out until late to end of January.

How about a country on the East end of the Chunnel

2 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

NU announced after the first game that a player in the program who did not play had tested positive and was isolating. Obviously, Andre was the only one not at the game so the dots were easy to connect, and then Hoiberg talked about him missing time and not being able to practice and all that.

Right - I should've said it was a highly, highly, highly educated assumption. 😁

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Is someone in the know?  Because when someone mentioned an island my initial thought was Thor. 

19 hours ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

How about a country on the East end of the Chunnel

The country referenced is France.  Meaning Yvan.

I can't speak to the referenced posters' actual knowledge of the situation, so caveat emptor.