Jump to content

If last year's team played this year's team 20 times ...


In 20 games against last year's squad, this year's team would win ...  

60 members have voted

  1. 1. In 20 games against last year's squad, this year's team would come away with ...

    • 7 wins or fewer
      2
    • 8 or 9 wins in 20 games
      4
    • 10 wins/10 losses
      4
    • 11 or 12 wins in 20 games
      9
    • 13 or 14 wins in 20 games
      18
    • 15 wins or more
      23


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I assume Mack would be suspended for many of the games, correct? 

I'm unable to vote because the single most common characteristic of Nebraska basketball over the years is our ability to beat ourselves, so it's one of those "immovable rock vs. irresistible force" si

I’m going with what I see.

2 hours ago, HB said:


Couldn’t disagree more.  We’re not remotely close to being a good team.  Not in a “good spot” at all.  One 5 star Wing isn’t enough to change the trajectory.   

A volume scorer and better post play and this team is absolutely better.  We'll have both of those things next year and a solid core group of players where we wont be starting off with a brand new team for the first time in 3 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

A volume scorer and better post play and this team is absolutely better.  We'll have both of those things next year and a solid core group of players where we wont be starting off with a brand new team for the first time in 3 years. 

Maybe.  We'll see who comes back.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I'm glad most of us voted correctly.

 

The team that played MSU would butcher last year's roster every night.  

 

Come 'on, go back and read your last 2 months of koolaid posts, and quit telling others what "correct" is.   We caught MSU at home while it was in  a big slump.   Playing them within single digits after trailing double digits much of the night doesn't make us world beaters.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HB said:

 

Come 'on, go back and read your last 2 months of koolaid posts, and quit telling others what "correct" is.   We caught MSU at home while it was in  a big slump.   Playing them within single digits after trailing double digits much of the night doesn't make us world beaters.  

 

Honestly though... that was probably one of our more winnable Big 10 games this year and we still tanked.  Was happy with the fight, but it isn't like things get easier when we play NW, Rutgers, and Penn State this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HB said:

 

Come 'on, go back and read your last 2 months of koolaid posts, and quit telling others what "correct" is.   We caught MSU at home while it was in  a big slump.   Playing them within single digits after trailing double digits much of the night doesn't make us world beaters.  


Sorry if the humor was lost on you.  Seriously, it wasn’t meant to be snooty—calling an opinion poll answer correct is pretty sarcastic.  
 

The team that beat Indiana last year could get some wins.  That wasn’t the team for very much of the season.  
 

Not sure I’ve been any more of a Kool Aid guy than any other fan.  We’ve looked exactly how I thought we’d look minus making shots.  I thought we’d make more.  I was wrong.  Hopefully that trend changes and we win some games.  We have the athleticism to beat anyone if we make shots.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hal9000 said:

If two get-right teams play each other in a forest, will either them win?

 

If two teams that struggle shooting and scoring play each other... will either of them hit 30?  🤣

 

Seriously though-- someone needs to come up with a computer simulation that let's you compare different teams through the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

 

If two teams that struggle shooting and scoring play each other... will either of them hit 30?  🤣

 

Seriously though-- someone needs to come up with a computer simulation that let's you compare different teams through the years.

Didn’t Doc win 20 games in 07/08 with the “shortest” team in D1 Basketball? Where’s that kind of fight? That resolve...It seems like we trot out the same excuses yer after year now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Didn’t Doc win 20 games in 07/08 with the “shortest” team in D1 Basketball? Where’s that kind of fight? That resolve...It seems like we trot out the same excuses year after year now...

 

That was the 08/09 team made up mostly of guys who had played for Sadler the year before.

You can overcome talent with experience and you can overcome experience with talent.  That's a big part of why we're most likely going to go consecutive years with single digit win totals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

 

That was the 08/09 team made up mostly of guys who had played for Sadler the year before.

You can overcome talent with experience and you can overcome experience with talent.  That's a big part of why we're most likely going to go consecutive years with single digit win totals.

What an awesome team that was. Doc took this group of guys to an 18-13 record (8-8 in conference play). Our top 8 were: 

Cookie Miller - 5’7”

Steve Harley - 5’11”

Brandon Richardson - 6’0”

Paul Velander - 6’2”

Sek Henry - 6’3”

Ryan Anderson - 6’4”

Ade Dagunduro - 6’5”

Toney McCray - 6’6”

 

And we were one of the best defensive teams in the country.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

What an awesome team that was. Doc took this group of guys to an 18-13 record (8-8 in conference play). Our top 8 were: 

Cookie Miller - 5’7”

Steve Harley - 5’11”

Brandon Richardson - 6’0”

Paul Velander - 6’2”

Sek Henry - 6’3”

Ryan Anderson - 6’4”

Ade Dagunduro - 6’5”

Toney McCray - 6’6”

 

And we were one of the best defensive teams in the country.

 

 

If only we didn’t lose to UMBC (I think we win if Cookie plays) and Texas A&M on a last second three..........What could have been.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...