Michigan State (6-4)(0-3) vs. Nebraska (4-6)(0-3) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

Thought he flashed the first game he played. With that said it's more what I think about Thor.

Consider that it was also Doane. 

Thor does a lot of little things that Lakes doesn't. Lakes has no confidence to do anything other than shoot right now. Thor cuts, moves the ball, and is an adequate defender at times. 

Edited by thrasher31

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

*Hopefully* only has 12 games left in his career. 

Sorry, if we still have someone getting major minutes with the minimal production(at best) Thor provides we will again be the worst team in the Big Ten. 

The funny thing is you say Thor, you could insert any name other than trey, Yvan and maybe Allen and still be right...it is the American way to blame the foreigner though.  😂

5 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

*Hopefully* only has 12 games left in his career. 

Sorry, if we still have someone getting major minutes with the minimal production(at best) Thor provides we will again be the worst team in the Big Ten. 

I am just saying what I see every year.  We have a kid, yeah kid come here and play for us and we nic-pick his game to death.

I think that who ever that kid is every year that he could save a family from a house fire and some on here would still think he should have also put out the fire.

Just my $.02.

Edited by Silverbacked1

Just now, thrasher31 said:

Consider that it was also Doane. 

Thor does a lot of little things that Lakes doesn't. Lakes has no confidence to do anything other than shoot right now. 

Absolutely. 

I guess the hope is he provides us a little bit of offense and which helps us from going into these long scoring droughts and perhaps were in some closer games.

I realize this certainly could be a stretch as well. Worth discussing on a husker basketball board though.

We played for 40 minutes and were competitive with a Top 20 team.  This was the first 40-minute scrap of the season.  

I was happy with the team and coaching tonight.  Proud of the effort.

I think this is momentum for Walker’s return, and I think we’re gonna make things interesting from this point on.  

Let’s go.  

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I am just saying what I see every year.  We have a kid, yeah kid come here and play for us and we nic-pick his game to death.

I think that who ever that kid is every year that he could save a family from a house fire and some on here would still think he should have also put out the fire.

Just my $.02.

None of what you said in your statement has anything to do with actual basketball and his game. It would be one thing if he was playing well but hes not. It's fair criticism. 

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Just my $.02.

Benny, Tai, Thor, we always have someone and next year will be no different.  It's always someone during our losing seasons.  If we were winning, the tune changes on Thor for a lot of people.  We need someone to blame for our losses.  Kudos for sticking up for our biggest glue guy.

3 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

None of what you said in your statement has anything to do with actual basketball and his game. It would be one thing if he was playing well but hes not. It's fair criticism. 

The difference is we have like 8 guys not playing good basketball and they never get mentioned, even when he does things right there’s crickets.  It’s okay to admit you have bias man.

Edited by Keenan9595

1 minute ago, huskerbill85 said:

I understand that but every year this board picks somebody that is just “terrible” and “ I don’t know why he is getting any minutes”

And for me it just get# old.

Nothing personal but it just gets tiresome.

3 minutes ago, LK1 said:

We played for 40 minutes and were competitive with a Top 20 team.  This was the first 40-minute scrap of the season.  

I was happy with the team and coaching tonight.  Proud of the effort.

I think this is momentum for Walker’s return, and I think we’re gonna make things interesting from this point on.  

Let’s go.  

Unfortunately, that Top 20 team will probably drop and that was a very winnable game.  Don't know how many MSU will win in the Big 10 this year.  Keep in mind, this game was for sole possession of last place in the league.

With that being said, we could have very easily folded when down 14.  The fight tonight was much better.  Still a disappointing loss though.

4 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

And neither are about 5-7 other guys on any given night... but Thor is always the one who is blamed.

2 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I understand that but every year this board picks somebody that is just “terrible” and “ I don’t know why he is getting any minutes”

And for me it just get# old.

Nothing personal but it just gets tiresome.

Only during losing seasons.  The tune changes if we are 2-2 in conference right now and had beaten either Ga Tech or Creighton.  We need someone to blame for our losses and that's usually the player who "doesn't do anything" because he doesn't shoot 25 times a game.

3 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

Everything I said has to do with his game. He’s not shooting because he wasn’t shooting well but he’s not playing poorly. I was just pointing out that in all likelihood everyone of those color guys have a better understanding of the game then an average poster such as yourself. I think they and Fred see more to his game than the basic fan has the understanding to pick up. 

Just now, hskr4life said:

Only during losing seasons.  The tune changes if we are 2-2 in conference right now and had beaten either Ga Tech or Creighton.  We need someone to blame for our losses and that's usually the player who "doesn't do anything" because he doesn't shoot 25 times a game.

Yeah that's not what I'm saying at all and you've provided nothing of substance to suggest Thor earns his minutes. It's a discussion board why cant we discuss husker basketball? I'm not even insulting the kid.

Just now, Dean Smith said:

Everything I said has to do with his game. He’s not shooting because he wasn’t shooting well but he’s not playing poorly. I was just pointing out that in all likelihood everyone of those color guys have a better understanding of the game then an average poster such as yourself. I think they and Fred see more to his game than the basic fan has the understanding to pick up. 

Exactly-- this isn't last years team.  We have actual options this year and if someone isn't playing well, they will sit.  Fred knows what he is doing, knows what he is seeing, and obviously-- Thor is playing well enough to get the minutes that he does.