Michigan State (6-4)(0-3) vs. Nebraska (4-6)(0-3) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

wasn't the calvary on the way last year as well?

Well the team is without a doubt better than last years which is saying alot but none of these guys are 5* and well have a top 150 big man. What we have now is a good supporting cast just need some guys who can take it next level.

Just now, huskerbill85 said:

Well the team is without a doubt better than last years which is saying alot but none of these guys are 5* and well have a top 150 big man. What we have now is a good supporting cast just need some guys who can take it next level.

And next year we will say that the calvary is on the way.

4 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

Good question I'd like to see Lakes more, maybe play a 3 guard give Wood more time or Webster though hes struggled in conference play.

Just dont see any value in Thor to be honest.

The thing about lakes the last 5 games is it worries me about how he shoots.  I can’t think of one shot he’s taken with a hand in his face, if he has to be wide open to shoot this league is to fast and the defenders are too good to give him the time.  I count about 5-6 guys on this team who are one trick ponies and they aren’t helping this team.  

Edited by Keenan9595

2 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

The thing about lakes the last 5 games is it worries me about how he shoots.  I can’t think of one shot he’s taken with a hand in his face, if he has to be wide open to shoot this league is to fast and the defenders are too good to give him the time.  I count about 5-6 guys on this team who are one trick ponies and they aren’t helping this team.  

This is true and even with that said I still think hes a better player than Thor. Regardless were unfortunately not a very good team but I would like to see us mix some things up.

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

We will see. 

I see where you're coming from we overrated this team and my expectations next year will be .500 or slightly better I'll be pleased. This was one of the worst teams in college basketball last year so weve improved this year. As long as we make progress I'm not going to complain.

2 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

This is true and even with that said I still think hes a better player than Thor. Regardless were unfortunately not a very good team but I would like to see us mix some things up.

I just don’t know how you can make that assumption with hardly any sample size.  Agree to disagree I suppose.

Just now, Silverbacked1 said:

For many of you the best thing about Thor is that he only has what 12 games left in his career.

But, then who gets to be the whipping boy next year?

Yvan is an early on favorite with Lat closing the gap.

I think Yvan is a classic big 10 big though. By year 4 he will be a decent post player. We see this all the time in the league. I'd agree with you on Lat. I cringed as soon as I heard that line about him making 84/100 threes that just sounded like meaningless off season fluff.

i still think coaching can bring a lot of this play up over time. there's enough talent to at least joust fairly in the bottom half of the league. 

this league is so brutal, because any team with a big hole in any fundamental part of the game is going to get exploited like a peasant in a chair factory. 

but I can't bring myself to dial 911 yet. 

1 minute ago, Silverbacked1 said:

For many of you the best thing about Thor is that he only has what 12 games left in his career.

But, then who gets to be the whipping boy next year?

Yvan is an early on favorite with Lat closing the gap.

*Hopefully* only has 12 games left in his career. 

Sorry, if we still have someone getting major minutes with the minimal production(at best) Thor provides we will again be the worst team in the Big Ten. 

I've been playing catch up since I got home late. So watching a recording that's 5 minutes behind, but finally caught up

My main notice is no post player is playing well. Walker needs to be a positive impact guy right away against purdue. And that's A TALL order against trevion Williams and edey.