80 minutes & counting down to 00's

Row6Seat10

IXIHRFBLBMADJTL.20120107231624.jpg

2 games or just 80 minutes is all that’s left in Lindsey M00re’s Devaney Center career. It's gone way, way to fast. I implore anyone who has yet to see her play at the "Bob"  to get to at least one if not both of the two remaining home games. You can get your ticket at the gate, order them from huskers.com, get yourself a popcorn box tab or any other means but for all means make it a point to see this special player before she has to hang up her adidas sneakers for the last time.  Both games are on Sunday afternoon’s, Iowa the 24th and Penn St March 3rd.

We’ve been so fortunate the past four years and got to see most likely the best women’s point guard to ever don the scarlet and crème. She’s been the steering wheel for perhaps the best four years in program history. If you've never witnessed a Husker game make plans now to see Zeroes so in the future you can say "I actually saw the greatest NU women's point guard Lindsey Moore play at the "Bob"!

Here's another reason you need to get to the Devaney Center to see "Zeroes".  Lindsey's been announced as one of the final seven players for the Lieberman Award (which honors the nations best Division 1 woman's point guard). There are some very good points guards on this list and just to be named one of the seven finalist is an honor in itself.

http://www.pointguard.org/press.htm

The Nancy Lieberman Award committee announces the final nominees for the 14th Annual Nancy Lieberman Award. The award is a national project of the Rotary Club of Detroit honoring the nation’s top collegiate point guard in women’s Division I basketball. The criteria for the award are the floor leadership, play-making and ball-handling skills that personified Hall of Famer, Nancy Lieberman during her career. Sportswriters from across the country have determined this final nominee list. They will select three finalists from this list and one winner at the beginning of April 2013. The announcement of the three finalists and one winner will be made during the Final Four Weekend (April 7-9, 2013). We will invite the winner to attend the award luncheon in Detroit, Michigan. Here is the final nominee list (in alphabetical order).

Alex Bentley - Penn State

Skylar Diggins - Notre Dame

Angel Goodrich - Kansas

Chelsea Gray - Duke

Lindsey Moore - Nebraska

Odyessy Sims - Baylor

Haley Steed - BYU

• 2 weeks later...

Randy York has a great write up on Husker N Side on Zeroes"

I asked two fans in front of me Sunday why they thought Moore was
getting such a sustainable standing ovation after the disappointment of
losing a championship game. “Right here,” one fan said, pointing to his