uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 10 - @ Ohio State

uneblinstu

10 hours ago, millerhusker said:

It has improved since last year. Last year, we were 353rd in the country for that metric. As of today, we’re 196th. Opponents are blocking 9.2% of our shots and we’re blocking 8.9% of theirs. It’s reasonable to expect these numbers to worsen as the year goes on, as there aren’t many McNeese St’s left on the schedule. Minnesota, Rutgers, etc are waiting with some big athletic dudes. 

Where did you see those numbers? What I see on Sports-Reference is Nebraska has had 30 out of 627 shots blocked this season (4.4%). Still needs to get better, but it's not nearly as bad as last year (8.3%).

Nebraska has blocked 35 of its opponents' 619 shot attempts this season (5.7%).

7 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Where did you see those numbers? What I see on Sports-Reference is Nebraska has had 30 out of 627 shots blocked this season (4.4%). Still needs to get better, but it's not nearly as bad as last year (8.3%).

https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Nebraska&year=2021

These numbers don’t include the Doane game, but I’m not sure why the discrepancy. 

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Well as someone pointed out elsewhere;  the ball has to go IN the basket to count as an assist.  :Redface:

I know there is some funny sarcasm in here, but it's more truthful than what you lead on as well.  Like literally... we could have had a ton more assists had we just made some baskets.  We only made 17 baskets, so we tecnically assisted on about 18% of baskets. Still low, but not as low as what could have been had we just made some shots.

Edited by hskr4life

17 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

The KenPom block percentage

image.png

There's a difficult line to walk between needing to upgrade the roster and needing to develop roster stability. One of the old adages about success in basketball is to get old and stay old.  And that's impossible to do if you flip a significant chunk of the roster every year.

The best news on the recruiting front is that all three of our signed recruits will have at least 3 years of eligibility and all of them *appear* to be players who are legit at this level. The fact that one is a pro prospect who might not be here more than a year or two isn't necessarily a bad thing because you offset him leaving early with the fact that he's just damn good.

But the $2.7 million dollar question is who do you roll the dice on to let them stick around and develop? Ugh. Not a decision I think I could make. But I guess that's why they aren't paying me the big bucks.

22 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

There's a difficult line to walk between needing to upgrade the roster and needing to develop roster stability. One of the old adages about success in basketball is to get old and stay old.  And that's impossible to do if you flip a significant chunk of the roster every year.

The best news on the recruiting front is that all three of our signed recruits will have at least 3 years of eligibility and all of them *appear* to be players who are legit at this level. The fact that one is a pro prospect who might not be here more than a year or two isn't necessarily a bad thing because you offset him leaving early with the fact that he's just damn good.

But the $2.7 million dollar question is who do you roll the dice on to let them stick around and develop? Ugh. Not a decision I think I could make. But I guess that's why they aren't paying me the big bucks.

Fred is a dude.  I'd expect at least one more surprise by way of a transfer or grad transfer.  Zero inside info, but I think he will ruthlessly upgrade the roster every season he can.