Nebraska (4-5) (0-2) vs. Ohio State (7-2) (1-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Don't talk to me about "progress"... this is not progress.

You crack me up. For five years I suspected you are either related to Tim Miles or his secret lover. Now I know it must be true. For five years if Miles, no matter how bad, you never once criticized him or said anything that in any way could be interpreted as negative about him and defended Miles at every single opportunity. 

You’ve said more negative about Fred and this team in this thread alone than against Miles in 5 years. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, TomEadesSucks said:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but how much are we paying Scott and Fred per win? It has to be some kind of record.

Combined 17-52 in the B1G since Frost stepped on the field as Nebraska's Coach.

Edit: It occurred to me that includes Miles last season. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

2 minutes ago, TomEadesSucks said:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but how much are we paying Scott and Fred per win? It has to be some kind of record.

We can revisit this in Year 4 for Hoiberg, but this is going to take some time to rebuild a roster and a system. Had low expectations this season, but the expectations I did have were centered around improvements in ball movement, shooting, etc. Haven't seen that yet, but Hoiberg's system enables him to adjust talent ok a roster more than keeping deadweight around for four years. So we'll see.

tenor.gif?itemid=10675202

2 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

You crack me up. For five years I suspected you are either related to Tim Miles or his secret lover. Now I know it must be true. For five years if Miles, no matter how bad, you never once criticized him or said anything that in any way could be interpreted as negative about him and defended Miles at every single opportunity. 

You’ve said more negative about Fred and this team in this thread alone than against Miles in 5 years. Lol. 

I did like Tim.  I thought he got a lot out of the little that he had.  If you go back-- there were points where I was disappointed and criticized his teams but I don't know that you will.    I was excited about the Hoiberg hire and disappointed with letting Tim go at the same time.  You can be both.  However, it's time to put Tim in the past.  Not once this year have I said that I want Tim back or did any comparison between him and Hoiberg.

It's time to leave Tim in the past man... it's time to look at this team and coach independently  from past years.  It's not been good and year 2 isn't looking better than year 1.  I'm criticizing THIS hire and THIS coach and THIS team right now because they deserve it.  Just like Miles teams.

16 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

At least Miles teams were some what competitive in the BIG 10.

39 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

That is just completely wrong. Lots of teams get out and run in this conference. Watch how different we are when they outlet to Trey, he pushes it much more than Banton who 75% of the time slows it up for some reason. We have gotten great looks when Trey pushes it tonight but per normal no one makes anything

Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio State have not let us run at all.  There have been 3, 4, sometimes all 5 guys back every time.  I can guarantee you Michigan State is coached well enough to have every person getting back every time.

Our half court offense consists of Allen or Banton trying to drive, and missing a lay-up or kicking it out to a Nebraska guy who will brick a 3.

Just now, TomEadesSucks said:
2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Miles had 5 20+ point losses in his 2nd season.

That would be an accomplishment for Hoiberg.

Possibly. We haven't played an unranked Big Ten opponent so far this season, but it's not like his first two opportunities were major blowouts. Halftime scores were very competitive against ranked conference foes.

Time will tell.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Possibly. We haven't played an unranked Big Ten opponent so far this season, but it's not like his first two opportunities were major blowouts. Halftime scores were very competitive against ranked conference foes.

Time will tell.

Is there an unranked Big 10 team?  Haha.  I thought that we were the only one.

(Sarcasm)