Nebraska (4-5) (0-2) vs. Ohio State (7-2) (1-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

14 minutes ago, brfrad said:

This is what I was afraid of earlier in the season.  Teams in the Big 10 will not let you run.  If we can't run, we are not a very good offensive team.

That is just completely wrong. Lots of teams get out and run in this conference. Watch how different we are when they outlet to Trey, he pushes it much more than Banton who 75% of the time slows it up for some reason. We have gotten great looks when Trey pushes it tonight but per normal no one makes anything

I’m wondering when Nebraska will finally play well enough to even just keep a loss to single digits vs a Power5 team this season. This team is terrible right now. I’ve been counting down to when Walker will be eligible for Nebraska, but at this point, I’m not sure I think that will make enough of a difference to change much of anything this season.

Just like every other season for Nebraska men’s athletics, it looks like “next year” will have to be the year.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Things I expected more out of Hoiberg and his team in year 2... and if we have it

1.  More athletes (YES)

2.  Better shooting (NO)

3.  More competitive (NO) 

4.  Better offensive flow (NO)

5.  No Scoring Droughts (NO)

Think #5 isn't a realistic measurement, happens to the best teams. But like the list.

Could argue part of #3, but you have to play a full 40 minutes; that's a "no" in my book as well.

Ohio St recovers so fast on defense that we can’t get decent looks.  When we get a shot, we can’t make it and free throws continue to be a mystery.

We have overpassed on a couple of situations and taken

some horrendous shots in others.  Banton isn’t who we want shooting threes and Teddy....don’t know what to say.

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

I’d like to see:

Lakes

Lat

Teddy

Banton

Thor

At least roll out a lineup that is supposed to have people who can shoot.  Spread it out and let Banton/Teddy drive and score or dish.

We have no possibility of scoring in the lane with a big until Walker arrives.  Might as well own it until then. 

Are you sure that he can score?