Roby

royalfan

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Roby with 9 FH points in his second start in a row!!

On Twitter, the tone around Roby had certainly changed from the pre-season.  A lot of people starting to show the young man some love.  (He deserves it too!)

they're noticing down here, too. 

"damn, that kid's pretty good!"

cue: "does he know....?"

22 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

OKC was 99.6% to lose with 4:40 left. They end up pulling it out in OT. Roby had 14 and 4 but watched OT from the bench as he fouled out.

99% chance of losing, Roby fouls out in regulation, win in overtime...I think I've seen that happen before.  Except I don't think the OKC game was won by a guy from Iceland blocking a shot as time expired.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, hskr4life said:

Roby has worked his way into a solid rotation player.  No doubt about that.  The real question now is whether he has worked his way into a regular starting role.  Honestly believe he should be in the conversation.

Encouraging to see him getting minutes when Al Horford is playing but that's Horford's job until he is traded. Actually it seems to be beneficial for Roby to have Horford on the team as Roby gets playing time when Horford isn't available which has been often. Roby's contract next year isn't guaranteed and the year after that is a team option; however he seems to be proving he provides value not only on the court but as a contract for a team with luxury tax problems. Seems like a guy who will be in the league for the next couple of years.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Encouraging to see him getting minutes when Al Horford is playing but that's Horford's job until he is traded. Actually it seems to be beneficial for Roby to have Horford on the team as Roby gets playing time when Horford isn't available which has been often. Roby's contract next year isn't guaranteed and the year after that is a team option; however he seems to be proving he provides value not only on the court but as a contract for a team with luxury tax problems. Seems like a guy who will be in the league for the next couple of years.

Never thought I would see him at the 5 in the league but he actually looks pretty good there--Timmy was a visionary.  

Weird seeing Roby guard Gasol though.  He did well.