Roby

royalfan

On 2/3/2021 at 12:03 PM, hskr4life said:

The Thunder sent some players down today.  Roby was NOT one!

With the way he has been able to be flexible with starting and coming off the bench and playing multiple positions it gives him the ultimate sticking point. I’m sure he didn’t like it at the time but him being forced to play the 5 in college gave him the building blocks of where he is today. Factor in the great work ethic he has put in and him being healthy for the first time in awhile and he’s thriving. 

12 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Roby having a nice game tonight.  At the end of the first half, (i) put his team ahead with a three pointer and a two, had a nice assist on a fast break, and (ii) on defense, caused a turnover, had a blocked shot, and is obviously a better athlete than whoever he’s guarding.

Got the start, too.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, brfrad said:

Roby flirts with a triple double last night in a 30 point loss.  15 points 9 rebounds 7 assists.  Good to see one of the good guys having success. 

Denver's announcers on Altitude TV were raving about the versatility of Isaiah Roby, even though they referred to him as a tweener. Denver & OKC have played each other twice in recent weeks, so Roby had to have made some type an impression on them in the process.

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Denver's announcers on Altitude TV were raving about the versatility of Isaiah Roby, even though he referred to him as a tweener. Denver & OKC have played each other twice in recent weeks, so Roby had to have made some type an impression on them in the process.

Roby did fairly well in his start against Denver earlier this year too if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wasn’t sure Roby would make it in the league. Glad to say he’s proven me wrong. It’s awesome to have such a likeable and well-spoken guy be an ambassador for our program. Following in the footsteps of Lue, Piatkowski, Strickland, Mikki Moore. We had some dang good ambassadors for Husker hoops in the NBA in the 90’s and early 00’s. Hopefully more to come in the near future. 

14 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Thunder trading Al Horford to Boston for Kemba Walker. Some draft picks also involved. And Moses Brown.

You'd have to think Isaiah features prominently in the Thunder's future plans if they're trading Horford and Brown for a guard and a draft pick.

Maybe. They have 18 first round picks in the next 7 drafts. 

10 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I wasn’t sure Roby would make it in the league. Glad to say he’s proven me wrong. It’s awesome to have such a likeable and well-spoken guy be an ambassador for our program. Following in the footsteps of Lue, Piatkowski, Strickland, Mikki Moore. We had some dang good ambassadors for Husker hoops in the NBA in the 90’s and early 00’s. Hopefully more to come in the near future. 

I saw Dave Hoppen play with the original Charlotte Hornets, there’s a jersey I’d like to have...!

11 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Maybe. They have 18 first round picks in the next 7 drafts. 

I know, crazy, right?

they just picked up the 16th pick from Boston. They already had the fourth overall pick. I assume there’s some speculation that they’ll try to trade a combination of those pics to get the number one overall pick and grab cade Cunningham from Oklahoma State.

Edited by Norm Peterson