Michigan (6-0)(1-0) vs. Nebraska (4-4)(0-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

5 hours ago, 49r said:

I say it every year; this song is, hands down, the best Christmas song ever in my opinion.

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. It's not the best Christmas song ever. But it IS the best 2020 Christmas song ever. And, for that matter, it may well capture the ethos of Nebraska basketball: "Got on a lucky one; came in 18 to 1. I gotta feeling this year's for me and you."

Sobering stat as we head into the new year... In 2020 Nebraska basketball was....

5-22 with our only wins over Iowa, McNeese St, NDSU, South Dakota, and Doane.  We still have two games to go, so we could technically finish 7-22, 6-23, or 5-24.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll double our win total at least in 2021.  

Edited to add that our other major mens sports didn't do so hot either.....

Baseball in 2020 - 7-8

Football in 2020 - 3-5

Edited by hskr4life

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. It's not the best Christmas song ever. But it IS the best 2020 Christmas song ever. And, for that matter, it may well capture the ethos of Nebraska basketball: "Got on a lucky one; came in 18 to 1. I gotta feeling this year's for me and you."

I did add the "in my opinion" qualifier at least.  😀

I encourage everyone else to post their favorite Christmas song, and I doubt anyone can bet mine!

4 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Feeling good about today! We just lost by 14 on the road against a top ten team. We were ahead with 14 minutes left, didn’t really look overmatched and we know we can play better. Good times are ahead, Nebrasketball fans. Let’s enjoy the journey. 

Well Santa ate my kids cookies last night, so if we’re to go 11-9 we gotta win today.  I’m thinking we pull it off too.

I'm pretty much in "Missouri Mode": Show me. 

I figure sooner or later someone's gotta get a little hot with the rock. 

Maybe it's today, maybe not. 

I do want this team to play hard for 40 minutes regardless. 

Build a mentally tough team, and the talent there is will eventually start making a difference.  

5 hours ago, tcp said:

I'm pretty much in "Missouri Mode": Show me. 

I figure sooner or later someone's gotta get a little hot with the rock. 

Maybe it's today, maybe not. 

I do want this team to play hard for 40 minutes regardless. 

Build a mentally tough team, and the talent there is will eventually start making a difference.  

We need to channel our inner Jerry Shoecraft/Greg Downing & pull a Missouri style upset...!