uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 8 - @ Wisconsin

uneblinstu

8 hours ago, jimmykc said:

And with a tinge of homer paranoia, it seems to me that the zebras are keeping a "special" eye on Teddy and conspiring to call at least one offensive foul on him early on just to "send a message" while established stars like Davison could bring a crowbar to the court and get away with it. 

Teddy could be a 'key.'  Parlaying off of that thought Jimmy, we all know/expect Teddy is going to be a target (for other teams as well as officials).  If Teddy is mature enough to 'keep his cool' despite unrelenting taunts, it might make the others 'Lose Theirs.'

On 12/22/2020 at 7:14 PM, demone said:

I need some more educated minds here to help me understand Allen’s value to this team.

Well for one, he's the only guy on our roster that can score 14 points against Michigan in the first 6+ minutes of game time.

22 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Well for one, he's the only guy on our roster that can score 14 points against Michigan in the first 6+ minutes of game time.

He definitely got hot and when he does, he can fill it up. I would respectfully disagree that he is the only one on the roster who can do so. By my count, the team took 14 shots from the floor in the first 10 minutes, Teddy took 7 of them. There are other players who could catch a hot streak and put up similar numbers with that volume of shots taken.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

If you watch this video at our best our Pete Nance is Dalano Banton.

Interesting, and thanks for posting.   Young does not seem to be in much in these clips.   He played a lot vs. Indiana, with his back to the basket a bunch.    Perhaps our 5-out just doesn't work because we don't have 3 point shooters.   Or just don't run it well.   But I remain a skeptic of that approach in this league--the personnel necessary to run it will get abused on defense and in rebounding in this league full of quality bigs.   Having said that, Northwestern is night and day better from last year.  

17 minutes ago, HB said:

Interesting, and thanks for posting.   Young does not seem to be in much in these clips.   He played a lot vs. Indiana, with his back to the basket a bunch.    Perhaps our 5-out just doesn't work because we don't have 3 point shooters.   Or just don't run it well.   But I remain a skeptic of that approach in this league--the personnel necessary to run it will get abused on defense and in rebounding in this league full of quality bigs.   Having said that, Northwestern is night and day better from last year.  

Yeah, really boils down to who can exploit their mismatch more.