Nebraska (4-3) (0-0) vs. Wisconsin (6-1) (0-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I'll say it again.  For as "run and gun, good offense jump" that we were supposed to see from the Miles era to the Hoiberg era, I have been sadly disappointed with us on that end this year.  I figured with more athletes, we'd have a better flow.  A lot of the same standing around and shooting threes that we also saw in the Miles era.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

I'll say it again.  For as "run and gun, good offense jump" that we were supposed to see from the Miles era to the Hoiberg era, I have been sadly disappointed with us on that end this year.  I figured with more athletes, we'd have a better flow.  A lot of the same standing around and shooting threes that we also saw in the Miles era.

I actually thought our ball and player movement was really good in the first half. We’ve gotten good looks in transition and in the half court. Especially considering how Wisconsin forces teams to play. 

1 minute ago, millerhusker said:

Don’t Shamiel will be part of the rotation anymore. You can not afford to waste possessions against a team like Wisconsin. A shamiel three point attempt and turnover on back to back possessions led to Wisconsin points.

I'm ok with a Shamiel three that is in rhythm.  But my goodness he hesitates like he's unsure if he is supposed to shoot or not.

Just now, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Telling Lakes was first off the bench. Shamiel was in for like two or three possessions and then out again...

I’d like to see Lakes get a few open looks in the 2nd half. Can’t waste his shooting potential, especially when Lat and Thor have been shooting so poorly from 3PT

1 minute ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Telling Lakes was first off the bench. Shamiel was in for like two or three possessions and then out again...

I think Thor was the sixth man (spelling Trey for a short time) and Trevor seventh, with Kobe eight and Shamiel ninth. Still waiting for Eduardo "My Dinner With" Andre to make an appearance.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Hoiberg's offensive is predicated on every position being a threat from three. Right now Webster and Allen who are the only ones opponents have to worry about.