Badgers

formerlybis

2 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I lived in Mpls for 25 years (Vikings) & was always amused by Packer fans who believed Bart Starr led seamlessly into Brett Favre. Cheers 🍻 here’s a Schmidtty Bigmouth to you!

I live in the Twin Cities now and have for a long time. I don't think Schmidt is still around, is it?

None of my cohort would say Starr led seamlessly to Favre. I remember the David Whitehurst era. Also, I have a #12 Packers jersey - but I got it when that was Lynn Dickey. Didn't the pack have a Nebraska QB once? Jerry Tagge, maybe?

1 hour ago, formerlybis said:

I live in the Twin Cities now and have for a long time. I don't think Schmidt is still around, is it?

None of my cohort would say Starr led seamlessly to Favre. I remember the David Whitehurst era. Also, I have a #12 Packers jersey - but I got it when that was Lynn Dickey. Didn't the pack have a Nebraska QB once? Jerry Tagge, maybe?

AND Scott Frost (bonus if you knew Vince Ferragamo)

From your board....

"The only thing that concerns me is the Huskers' size in the back court.  They don't play any short guys.  Allen will shoot.  A lot.  

As long as Nebraska keeps taking bad shots and playing indifferent defense Badgers should cruise.  Potter and Nate should dominate.  Should.

Wisconsin easing into Big Ten play with a friendly schedule early except for the trip to East Lansing." 

An ok assessment of our game.  We have the tendency to play really solid D for about 25-30 minutes (See GA Tech and Creighton) and then tank on that end.  If we could ever put it all together for a full 40 though, it could be tough.  We also have our old head coach as an assistant (Doc Sadler) and he loves D.  Have no doubt he can get the guys ready to go on that end.

One thing we haven't done well with this year is adversity.  Up on Nevada in the 2nd half... up on Ga Tech in the 2nd half, pretty much tied with Creighton at the half and lost all of these games when they started to make a run.  If Wisco let's us hang around, lookout.  However, if you go on any sort of run... I'll be interested to see if we dig in or fold. 

Hey guys. I'm glad we got to play you guys early.  I think there's a good possibility you'll be pretty tough starting around February. Your length was a real problem for UW in the first third of the game.

I hope you don't mind me saying that I really didn't like Allen getting his fourth foul and walking straight to the locker room. Maybe he had to take a bio break and I'm completely misinterpreting, but it was a bad look. He seems selfish. It was also telling that no teammate or coach tried to go over to calm him down. Anyway, that was my negative impression of that guy - he's got some game, but don't like what I see on the attitude. 

Banton is a star, though.