Indiana

Fastbreaker

Not one word on Indiana so far tells me all I need to know about the current state of Nebraska WBB.  I expect a bloodbath considering Indiana has two All B1G guards and we have a walk-on true freshman playing extensive minutes.  A good friend of mine predicted two more wins the rest of the year.  Probably about right.

I'm not giving up so quickly. Eternal optimist. Slow learner I guess.  We'll see how it goes today...if we get pounded then.....

If our guard situation (lack of defense) shows it's ugly head today...if so...it indeed is going to be a tough year.  

Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-1, 1-0 Big Ten)
at 15/15 Indiana Hoosiers (2-2, 0-0 Big Ten)
Sunday, Dec. 20, 2020, 3 p.m. (CT)
Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall - Bloomington, Ind.
Live TV:
  BTN (Lisa Byington, Christy Winters-Scott)
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (2:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (B107.3 FM); Omaha (ESPN 590 AM); Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Huskers Head to No. 15 Indiana to Tip Big Ten Road Play
The Nebraska women's basketball team opens Big Ten Conference road action on Sunday when the Huskers travel to Bloomington to take on Indiana. Tip-off between the Huskers (3-1, 1-0 Big Ten) and the No. 15/15 Hoosiers (2-2, 0-0 Big Ten) is set for 3 p.m. (CT) from Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. 

Edited by redsteve

Scoring is going no to be a chore.  I don’t know if we played decent Defense or Indiana just missed shots.

Romeo couldn’t get her own shot, but Connie set up multiple screens to get her open.  We need something similar for Scoggin.  Sam and Izzy are the only two threats for us.

Kate Cain and Ashley Scoggins are no shows.  Actually for Kate it's embarrassing to be a 4 year starter and play this poorly.  She is getting schooled in every aspect off the game.  As for Ashley it's too big a jump to go from JC to Big Ten with no speed or ability to create a shot.  I feel bad for Haiby as she working hard but the shots aren't dropping.  Izzy looks great.

33 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Scoring is going no to be a chore.  I don’t know if we played decent Defense or Indiana just missed shots.

Romeo couldn’t get her own shot, but Connie set up multiple screens to get her open.  We need something similar for Scoggin.  Sam and Izzy are the only two threats for us.

Would be difficult for that to work for Scoggin; she is not quick and cannot run well at all.

Not much to say.  We play in a Power 5 conference, and parade out 7 bodies for a conference game.  I'm sure all 7 were instructed not to foul.  Hard to be aggressive under those conditions.  Shawn Eichorst doesn't work here any more.  This staff is in year 5.  Why don't we have a full roster?  Invite some walk-ons, if you can't convince scholarship worthy recruits to come to Lincoln.