Jump to content

uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 7 - vs. Doane


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both are still listed on the roster on huskers.com.... I wondered if maybe those two were out for COVID but Coach couldn't divulge that himself. Just a thought...    

Amazing how he just turns a high catch directly into his shooting motion    

Did you sneak into PBA?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

If they were out for COVID they wouldn't have been at the game. They were there but not suited. Sounds like coach speak for they made a bad decision. 

 

Coach clarified that Bret Porter had a "personal matter," but Fred didn't elaborate on Jace Piatkowski. His vagueness was interesting...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

If they were out for COVID they wouldn't have been at the game. They were there but not suited. Sounds like coach speak for they made a bad decision. 

Has it been verified they weren’t there? I don’t recall seeing them on the bench, but honestly didn’t really look for them. But the reason I ask is the article in the OWH by Dirk said neither player was on the bench. Walk-ons Bret Porter and Jace Piatkowski were not on the bench Thursday. Hoiberg said Porter was dealing with “a personal matter” and Piatkowski wasn’t able to be there. Hoiberg hoped to have both back on the roster soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Has it been verified they weren’t there? I don’t recall seeing them on the bench, but honestly didn’t really look for them. But the reason I ask is the article in the OWH by Dirk said neither player was on the bench. Walk-ons Bret Porter and Jace Piatkowski were not on the bench Thursday. Hoiberg said Porter was dealing with “a personal matter” and Piatkowski wasn’t able to be there. Hoiberg hoped to have both back on the roster soon.

There was an early tweet about them being there but not dressed. I never really paid attention to whether they on the bench but Fred’s post-game comments seems to imply they were not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 49r said:

Continue to do shit like this against Big Ten opponents and he'll find himself in the starting rotation very soon

 

 

 

Also credit Banton for the assist on a cross-court pass that few PGs shorter than 6'9 would have had the vision to see or be able to execute. You're seeing why Banton is on NBA radars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

Also credit Banton for the assist on a cross-court pass that few PGs shorter than 6'9 would have had the vision to see or be able to execute. You're seeing why Banton is on NBA radars.


I’m liking Banton off the ball and Kobe at point.  That was a good set last night in the high post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

This is Teddy getting a rebound without his feet leaving the ground if you need a visual of how mismatched this game was

 

teddy.JPG

I’m glad we got this game in for a number of reasons. But games like this can also exacerbate bad habits if you’re not disciplined, and I saw a lot of concerning things last night. Some sloppiness with the ball on offense. We have guys who refuse to block out when an opponent’s shot goes up. I’m cheering for Teddy, but man, there were multiple plays last night (and in previous games) where he didn’t close out at all to a shooter. And I don’t mean he lazily ran at a shooter with a hand up. He literally stood in one spot when the ball was reversed to his man and watched shots go up. 
Come Big Ten play, I worry that Teddy’s high-volume low-efficiency offense combined with his below average defense will make him a net-minus player from a value standpoint. Carmelo Anthony is one of the most talented offensive players of all time. But you also can’t win games consistently with Carmelo being one of your highest usage players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I’m glad we got this game in for a number of reasons. But games like this can also exacerbate bad habits if you’re not disciplined, and I saw a lot of concerning things last night. Some sloppiness with the ball on offense. We have guys who refuse to block out when an opponent’s shot goes up. I’m cheering for Teddy, but man, there were multiple plays last night (and in previous games) where he didn’t close out at all to a shooter. And I don’t mean he lazily ran at a shooter with a hand up. He literally stood in one spot when the ball was reversed to his man and watched shots go up. 
Come Big Ten play, I worry that Teddy’s high-volume low-efficiency offense combined with his below average defense will make him a net-minus player from a value standpoint. Carmelo Anthony is one of the most talented offensive players of all time. But you also can’t win games consistently with Carmelo being one of your highest usage players.

 

We'll see how his efficiency holds up as for what it's worth he's relatively good compared to most anyone we've had putting up a ton of shots over the last decade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I’m glad we got this game in for a number of reasons. But games like this can also exacerbate bad habits if you’re not disciplined, and I saw a lot of concerning things last night. Some sloppiness with the ball on offense. We have guys who refuse to block out when an opponent’s shot goes up. I’m cheering for Teddy, but man, there were multiple plays last night (and in previous games) where he didn’t close out at all to a shooter. And I don’t mean he lazily ran at a shooter with a hand up. He literally stood in one spot when the ball was reversed to his man and watched shots go up. 
Come Big Ten play, I worry that Teddy’s high-volume low-efficiency offense combined with his below average defense will make him a net-minus player from a value standpoint. Carmelo Anthony is one of the most talented offensive players of all time. But you also can’t win games consistently with Carmelo being one of your highest usage players.


It sure worked really well for Syracuse and Carmelo 😀😀 but I understand your concern

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched some of the highlights. That was the first time I'd seen Andre in action, obviously, and I'm really curious to see how he develops. He's got a terrific frame.  Kind of like Roby in the sense that he doesn't seem to have done much strength training and when he does, could really see him fill out quickly. No idea if he's any good at basketball, but the frame is tantalizing, for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I’m glad we got this game in for a number of reasons. But games like this can also exacerbate bad habits if you’re not disciplined, and I saw a lot of concerning things last night. Some sloppiness with the ball on offense. We have guys who refuse to block out when an opponent’s shot goes up. I’m cheering for Teddy, but man, there were multiple plays last night (and in previous games) where he didn’t close out at all to a shooter. And I don’t mean he lazily ran at a shooter with a hand up. He literally stood in one spot when the ball was reversed to his man and watched shots go up. 
Come Big Ten play, I worry that Teddy’s high-volume low-efficiency offense combined with his below average defense will make him a net-minus player from a value standpoint. Carmelo Anthony is one of the most talented offensive players of all time. But you also can’t win games consistently with Carmelo being one of your highest usage players.

Teddy must not of caught on to Huggy Bear’s Defense at West V!😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...