uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 7 - vs. Doane

uneblinstu

Lakes looked like he should start at the 4 ahead of Lat to me.  He’s the truth from 3 and has zero hesitation and a quick release.    

Eduardo will be a better player than Yvan after a few more games.  He’s better offensively right now but Yvan is a much better rebounder and perimeter  defender.  I cannot believe how bad of a finisher Yvan is.  I’ve never seen anything like it.   

I was impressed with Wood.  He looks like a true PG to me and might be really benefitting from being Banton’s understudy. 

Edited by LK1

Ouodrago cannot get his shot even above the rim half the time when 6’4 Doane players lean on him. The last time I checked you have to get the ball above the rim for it to have a chance to go in. He did board well and hit 7-10 from the line but his hands are the worst I’ve ever seen or the weakest.

When Walker is eligible I think Ouodrago rides the bench.

Lake has a nice quick release and he boarded well.

Andre shows fire and athleticism!

Mayen just looks lost to me.

Banton looked OK. Stephenson looks lost also. 

Wood hit some nice shots.

Allen was the only starter that started pretty well.

37 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Both are still listed on the roster on huskers.com.... I wondered if maybe those two were out for COVID but Coach couldn't divulge that himself. Just a thought...

My first thought was that it may have had something to do with the recent "chippy" practice(s)?

Hard to come up with much texture.  We kicked butt, and in the not so recent past we have played games like this much too close.

Congrats to Banton for his triple double.

We learned that Lakes will drain his shot if he is left open.  I like him coming off the bench by the way.  I like the instant offense he brings.  

If there are negatives it would be the mental and physical breakdowns that tend to occur on both ends of the floor.

Notes from UNL

*-Dalano Banton posted the second triple double in Husker men’s basketball history, finishing with 13 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 21 minutes of action. The other one was by Cam Mack against Purdue in 2019-20.
*-Banton’s 10 assists tied a career high set when he was at Western Kentucky against Wisconsin in 2018-19. Prior to tonight, that was his only career double-double and double-digit assist game in his college career. Banton has dished out five or more assists in five of NU’s seven games.
*-Tonight marked Nebraska’s second 100-point effort of the season (also 102 vs. McNeese State). It was the first time since 1995-96 that Nebraska had multiple 100-point games in a season.
*Nebraska’s 110 points was its highest output since scoring 115 points against Oregon on Nov. 25, 1995. It ranks tied for 12th in school history for single-game points.
*-NU hit a season-high 12 3-pointers, topping the previous season high of 11 at Creighton on Dec. 11.
*-Trevor Lakes made his Nebraska debut after being cleared by the NCAA earlier Thursday. He finished with 12 points, on 4-of-5 3-pointers and six rebounds in 26 minutes.
*-Yvan Ouedraogo posted his first double-double of the season and fourth of his career with a career-high 13 points and 13 rebounds in 18 minutes.
*-Eduardo Andre also made his Husker debut after missing NU’s first six games. Andre had nine points on 4-of-4 shooting, four boards and two blocked shots in 14 minutes.
*-Elijah Wood scored his first career points on a 3-pointer to beat the first half buzzer and finished with eight points.
*-Nebraska put at least five players in double figures for the third time this season (also McNeese and South Dakota), while four others had at least eight points.
*-Nebraska dished out a season-high 25 assists and had a season low eight turnovers.
*-Doane’s 46 3-point attempts broke Nebraska’s single-game record for opponent, which was 37 by Baylor on Feb. 14, 1998.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Both are still listed on the roster on huskers.com.... I wondered if maybe those two were out for COVID but Coach couldn't divulge that himself. Just a thought...

If they were out for COVID they wouldn't have been at the game. They were there but not suited. Sounds like coach speak for they made a bad decision.