Doane (5-9) Vs. Nebraska (3-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

13 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There’s a reason Shamiel is in garbage time.

Yeah, he might be that odd man out honestly. He doesn’t do anything better than anyone else and he’s not much of a shooter and scores sparingly.  I’m not sold on him much on top of the fact he kind of seems like he doesn’t want to be there.  His body language is terrible.

Edited by Keenan9595

Just now, 49r said:

Yeah, this is the type of game that you can take literally nothing away from.

We got lakes eligible we are a game over 500 and walker has to sit out one less conference games. Those are the takeaways in my opinion.  Wood and Andre got some quality minutes as well that they can take forwards.  So now we go from here.

The last dunk by Drago is what he should do literally every time. Or at least try to. Teddy Allen went nuts when he threw it down- shoot - our entire team did.

And not to beat a horse here, but count me as someone who is concerned about Stevenson. He doesn’t seem as engaged on the court, energy and hustle aren’t really high, and other teammates don’t seem to really engage w him as much. 

6 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

The last dunk by Drago is what he should do literally every time. Or at least try to. Teddy Allen went nuts when he threw it down- shoot - our entire team did.

And not to beat a horse here, but count me as someone who is concerned about Stevenson. He doesn’t seem as engaged on the court, energy and hustle aren’t really high, and other teammates don’t seem to really engage w him as much. 

Agree to both, if you look outside his scoring Yvan is going to get to the line where he does okay, but where he is good is rebounding, playing defense and not giving up space.  Like you said If he can get 2-4 dunks per game that’s icing on the cake for his minutes.  I really don’t think shamiel is going to do much for us, I said it before but he’s the most underwhelming player on this team at the moment and he’s going to have even less minutes now with walker coming back and Andre/lakes showing what they can do.  Hell even wood was far superior on both ends of the floor tonight and half the fan base here bags on him for being a waste of a scholarship for some reason.

Edited by Keenan9595

39 minutes ago, OurDecay said:

Don’t mean this to be a hot take and they were playing against a short NAIA team, but Andre is incredibly active, with more bounce and energy...and vastly superior to Yvan offensively.  

granted, the bar is being able to make uncontested layups, but here we are.

Yvan is clearly a superior rebounder at this point. He was aggressively going after boards. It is a pity that he has no shooting touch. I still think it’s significantly a mechanical issue.

1 hour ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I sort of thought the same regarding Stevenson.  Engaged?  Frustrated?  Upset?  Rusty?