It's Done!!! (errr.... Doane)

Red Don

Lincoln – The Nebraska men's basketball program announced Tuesday that the Huskers will play Doane University on Thursday, Dec. 17. Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. and the game will be carried online on BTN+ with Larry Punteney and Buzzy Caruthers on the call. The game will also be broadcast on the Learfield IMG Husker Sports Network with Kent Pavelka and Jake Muhleisen.

It will be the first regular-season meeting between the two programs in over a century, as NU played Doane during the 1898-99 and 1899-1900 seasons. The two teams have met twice in exhibition play since then, including a 91-63 Husker win prior to last season and a 75-54 win in 2011.

https://huskers.com/news/2020/12/15/mens-basketball-huskers-add-game-to-schedule.aspx

Edited by Red Don

• Red Don changed the title to It's Done!!! (errr.... Doane)
19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I'm kind of pissed we lost a BTN game for a BTN+ game.

upload_2017-11-2_15-31-54-gif.13236

Game will be carried on BTN Plus. You can subscribe for $9.95 per month, then cancel after one mo. (if you don't want to watch the Ladies)

Edited by Red Don

29 minutes ago, Red Don said:

upload_2017-11-2_15-31-54-gif.13236

Game will be carried on BTN Plus. You can subscribe for $9.95 per month, then cancel after one mo. (if you don't want to watch the Ladies)

Where did you subscribe for that?  I just subscribed and it was $15 a month.  I'm cancelling right after the Doane game.  Too many other network subscriptions. 

23 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Where did you subscribe for that?  I just subscribed and it was $15 a month.  I'm cancelling right after the Doane game.  Too many other network subscriptions. 

You can choose the whole conference for $14.99 or a single team for $9.99. If you follow women's basketball or volleyball beyond UNL, it's worth it. Otherwise, not so much.

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

You can choose the whole conference for $14.99 or a single team for $9.99. If you follow women's basketball or volleyball beyond UNL, it's worth it. Otherwise, not so much.

Ah did not see that as an option when I subscribed.  Oh well I'd spend more than $14 on food at a single game. Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Ah did not see that as an option when I subscribed.  Oh well I'd spend more than $14 on food at a single game. Thanks! 

The downside is that you can only stream on one device at a time. I tried to share it with my father. Now we text before the game to see who gets to watch and who has to listen. If it's women's basketball, he gets it. Volleyball, it's me. For men's basketball ... we'll have to see. I'm gonna log in and hope he's watching something else.

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

The downside is that you can only stream on one device at a time. I tried to share it with my father. Now we text before the game to see who gets to watch and who has to listen. If it's women's basketball, he gets it. Volleyball, it's me. For men's basketball ... we'll have to see. I'm gonna log in and hope he's watching something else.

Bummer...yeah I'm guessing my parents will be fine with listening.  

33 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

The only reason this game makes sense is that it counts towards Walker's suspension so we trade this game for sitting an additional conference game.  Based on that, I'm glad they scheduled this game.

I think the only reason they reduced Walker's suspension to 11 games was to save us the potential embarrassment of losing to a team like NWU as we try to get Walker eligible sooner. Right, @HB?

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think the only reason they reduced Walker's suspension to 11 games was to save us the potential embarrassment of losing to a team like NWU as we try to get Walker eligible sooner. Right, @HB?

Correct.   I've gone dark again.