Andre...

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Eduardo is listed at 6'10. Yvan is listed at 6'9. Is there anyone who looks that the pic above and thinks it's just the camera angle that makes Eduardo appear 3 inches taller than Yvan?

There is the hair on Andre's head that makes him look even taller 😉, but I agree. Yvan is 6'8" at best and so is Lat and Banton.

18 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The fact that he's gonna play doesn't surprise me. He gives us length on the defensive end, and if he's able to alter some shots and grab some rebounds, why not play him. On the offensive end, if he's able to catch the ball around the rim and finish or be an alley oop threat off of the screen and roll, that's something we haven't had in our offensive arsenal yet this year. As much as I like Yvan and want him to succeed, teams essentially don't pay any attention to him on the rolls off of high ball screens. If you aren't a threat to pick and spot up, you have to be a threat at the rim. Doesn't hurt to see if Andre can provide that threat. 

2 hours ago, Coaches kid said:

The fact that he's gonna play doesn't surprise me. He gives us length on the defensive end, and if he's able to alter some shots and grab some rebounds, why not play him. On the offensive end, if he's able to catch the ball around the rim and finish or be an alley oop threat off of the screen and roll, that's something we haven't had in our offensive arsenal yet this year. As much as I like Yvan and want him to succeed, teams essentially don't pay any attention to him on the rolls off of high ball screens. If you aren't a threat to pick and spot up, you have to be a threat at the rim. Doesn't hurt to see if Andre can provide that threat. 

One other thing-- if he can be a consistent passer out of the post, with the addition of Lakes, that could be huge for us.

Next year, I would love to roll out a lineup that looks like this:

PG Dalano Banton with a new-and-improved jump shot

SG Bryce McGowens doing what 5-stars do

SF Teddy Allen, slimmed and more explosive and a little more active on D -- OR -- SG Trey McGowens with a slightly upgraded jumper

PF Lat Mayen, a little bulked up and more confident from behind the arc -- OR -- PF Trevor Lakes with better weight and still that killer jump shot

C Eduardo Andre with a little more bulk and a lot more development and still some quality hands

and Kay-Shay Tominaga lighting it up from off the bench.

That's a roster that could win some games. It's also a roster that could score without Teddy Allen if he doesn't play defense.

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Or maybe Yvan was having a career game in terms of the quality of his play and Fred didn't want to mess with it.

He definitely had a good game. Was wondering for a bit if we’d see both of them in there at the same time. Lat wasn’t shooting well and got backed down quite easily, and we did play the two of them vs Doane for a bit...