Nebraska(3-2) vs. Creighton(3-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Y'know, I used to get in arguments with those "no moral victories" guys about whether you could feel good about a loss in which you played well against a good team. Yeah, it's still a loss. Yeah, at the end of the season, it still counts as a loss. No, I get that.

But I'm sitting here thinking I'd feel better right now if we'd lost 80-70.

Someone feel free to try to convince me I'm wrong.

I'll wait.

Some words to remember, which tend to be universally true...

"Things are never as good as they seem, and things are never as bad as they seem."

Its clear we have lots of work to do. Its also clear we have talent. This was the 6th game alot of our guys have played together. Remember how crappy we were early on the year we danced? Pr9bbskt won't happen this year but we will see improvement 

1 hour ago, atskooc said:

I just checked in on this one (been watching The Mandalorian with the family).  Pleased to see the score at halftime, for sure!

28 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Well guys, you can yell at me on my way out, but I'm leaving this one early (after showing up late).

I don't typically put a ton of stock into +/- but this performance is hard to overlook 🤣

We shot the ball well enough tonight to win some games. We rebounded well enough to win some games. We played defense only for about half of the game and we basically failed at taking care of the ball.

I thought this was a better performance than we had against Georgia Tech or Nevada. They are getting better. This just happened to be one of the better teams in the country that came to play in the second half in particular.

I don’t think this was as bad of a performance as probably a lot of people think that it was. I see some positives and the negatives are things that are within our control to fix, so it is not like we suck and there’s simply nothing we can do to change that.

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

Huskers doing a great job fighting to stay in this game despite their mistakes. It was a brutal last four minutes of the half for the Huskers. :Redface: Huskers fighting back.

Creighton 44; Huskers 40   :Timeout:

Halftime Stats:

image.png

When I looked at these half time numbers I had a hard time understanding how we were down just 4 because of them having so many more shot attempts.