How I loathe Creighton...(let us count the ways)

Handy Johnson

Creighton Cobra Kai - Husker Hoops news - Husker Hoops Central

Maybe the most angry I've ever been at an opponent. Grant Gibbs cheap shot on Petteway then wouldn't let him get up. Petteway got T'd up for it, then Gibbs winked at McDermott. I never had respect for Gibbs, but I lost respect for McDermott after that game. He was asked about it in the press conference. He smiled and said, "Grant Gibbs, that's my guy."

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

My cousin, who is a creighton fan, lived on the same dorm floor as Nate Funk. He watched Funk push a student down a flight of stairs. Said he would pick fights with anyone for no apparent reason and was just a giant ass hole. 

A good friend of mine went there at the same time as Nate. On more than one occasion we ended up at the same party he was at. I’m not surprised at all your cousin saw this.

This reminds me of a an email exchange one time with Chad Millard.  It is hysterical how bad I had him enraged.  He was threatening to track me down and beat by ass and all kinds of things.  Going to have to dig that gem up.  Never owned a guy so bad mentally in my life without trying, other than maybe Double Douche a while back.  

8 minutes ago, royalfan said:

This reminds me of a an email exchange one time with Chad Millard.  It is hysterical how bad I had him enraged.  He was threatening to track me down and beat by ass and all kinds of things.  Going to have to dig that gem up.  Never owned a guy so bad mentally in my life without trying, other than maybe Double Douche a while back.  

Yeah Chad can get a little mad.

41 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Maybe the most angry I've ever been at an opponent. Grant Gibbs cheap shot on Petteway then wouldn't let him get up. Petteway got T'd up for it, then Gibbs winked at McDermott. I never had respect for Gibbs, but I lost respect for McDermott after that game. He was asked about it in the press conference. He smiled and said, "Grant Gibbs, that's my guy."

He needed someone to kick him in balls as soon as the game started.

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

To make matters worse, it was like a 35 year old dude assaulting some college kid.

There are levels of complexity to my hatred. At one point in my life, I did like and even root for Creighton when they weren’t playing Nebraska. Then came that whole “Pig Sooey” moment and something just didn’t sit right after that.

I am a WSC grad, know McDermott from back then and was a huge fan while he was there. He had some fantastic teams up in Wayne. But as the years and smarmy d-bag players rolled thru Omaha, capped with them playing the $100,000 Pyramid, I just can’t handle them at all.

But my biggest issue is the fans - the fundamental Jaysker is absolutely insufferable during the winter - and because of them, I want them to lose very game they play.

(Oh and kudos to Norm - Bishop is absolutely awful).

6 minutes ago, demone said:

There are levels of complexity to my hatred. At one point in my life, I did like and even root for Creighton when they weren’t playing Nebraska. Then came that whole “Pig Sooey” moment and something just didn’t sit right after that.

I am a WSC grad, know McDermott from back then and was a huge fan while he was there. He had some fantastic teams up in Wayne. But as the years and smarmy d-bag players rolled thru Omaha, capped with them playing the $100,000 Pyramid, I just can’t handle them at all.

But my biggest issue is the fans - the fundamental Jaysker is absolutely insufferable during the winter - and because of them, I want them to lose very game they play.

(Oh and kudos to Norm - Bishop is absolutely awful).

Fellow WSC alumn. Go cats! 

4 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

A buddy and I got some nice lower bowl seats for the NIT game in Omaha when Nate Johnson hit the game winning shot. As the Blue team fans were leaving some old dude tried to shoulder me. Too bad I didn't budge when he hit me.

I had several Creighton Prep kids in my fraternity that never cared about basketball unless it was against Nebraska and then wouldn't shut their mouths afterwards.

I also can't stand John Bishop

I thought that John Bishop was the worst play by play announcer I'd ever heard long back when he was doing high school games.  And the gap from worst to second worst is a large one.

My severe dislike started when they came to Lincoln around 10 years ago. If a husker took his warm up off they flopped and hit the floor and seemed like refs called 15 offensive fouls on NU that night. They had 6'9" kid (Okeniche? strictly a guess but he was king of flop) My son was around 11-12 years old and we brought his classmate /best friend. Had 4 guys in their 60's wearing blue sweater vests just behind us in section C. And all they could talk about was how Crayton was a blueblood along the lines of Duke, UNC, KU etc. My son's friend, granted just a pre-teen, was even getting sick of their arrogant talk. I had to calm him down a little. Think I sent my son and him out for those chocolate malts that you ate with that flat wooden spoon. Had to listen to them for almost half the game.   

1 hour ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

My brother-in-law buys season tickets to creighton basketball.  Does not watch the games, just walks around the mezzanine, eats food and talks to people.  Not my idea of how to spend my entertainment dollars, but whatever.

He is a pompous ass that is an expert on everything, so that must explain it.

Tell him he could do the same thing at PBA, but with a better before and after "party" to talk to people.