Illinois(2-1) vs. Nebraska (2-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

16 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Wow these guys have impressed me the last quarter. That was fun to watch.  Less athletic team but play together like a team more. Cravens makes me smile. She is fun

GRIT; NO QUIT HUSKERS!

:Drool:

Edited by Red Don

11 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Did we play zone most of the 4th qtr? I know we did from the 5 min mark.

No, went zone late in the game, and it really threw Illinois for a loop. They could not react. May be the difference in the game.

Sam and Izzy had 2/3 of our points. Sam had most pints (33) in game since Shepard.

Cravens 16 rebounds...amazing. That too will make a difference for us this year

Our free throws  27-32...that's wining stuff

Edited by redsteve

Just now, redsteve said:

No, went zone late in the game, and it rally threw Illinois for a loop. They could not react. May be the difference in the game.

Sam and Izzy had 2/3 of our points. Sam had most pints (33) in game since Shepard.

Cravens 16 rebounds...amazing. That too will make a difference for us year

I thought we went zone the last 5 mins. but like i said I didn't know when we went zone.

TGFSH....Thank God For Sam Haiby.  Her and Bourne most of the offense.  And though Cravens seems a bit offensively challenged (tho she seems to cut to the basket well) she well more than made up for it with 16 rb and some scrappy D.  We will need players to know and play their roles very well this season.  We're only 3 games in so time to build chemistry on the court.  GBR!!

3 minutes ago, mwm89 said:

TGFSH....Thank God For Sam Haiby.  Her and Bourne most of the offense.  And though Cravens seems a bit offensively challenged (tho she seems to cut to the basket well) she well more than made up for it with 16 rb and some scrappy D.  We will need players to know and play their roles very well this season.  We're only 3 games in so time to build chemistry on the court.  GBR!!

Brown will be another role player that will come and give good minutes.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

No, went zone late in the game, and it really threw Illinois for a loop. They could not react. May be the difference in the game.

Cravens 16 rebounds...amazing. That too will make a difference for us this year

If the women want to teach the men how to shoot FT’s, the men can teach the women how to dunk.  I feel like it’s a good trade for both parties!  Haha!