uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 5 - Georgia Technical Institute

uneblinstu

With the way we struggle from 3 and to run consistent half court offense, we can't give up 16 turnovers and only come up with 3 steals.

Give Tech credit for taking care of the ball - they looked like a team that relies on its seniors down the stretch. Hopefully a good learning experience for NU.

Downside is that steals are going to be tough to come by against B1G teams.

50 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Kentucky at this point even though ranked, which really means nothing other than name, isnt that good now

Kentucky lost to #5 Kansas, #19 Richmond, and Georgia Tech. Either Kentucky is losing to good teams, or they're bad. Or maybe they're having off games like Georgia Tech has had this season as well. The joy of college hoops, you really get to know the true identity of your teams come January. Time will tell.

My OP on Trey wasn’t meant to say that I think what he is doing is illegal/annoying (as a Husker fan... it would be as an opposing fan).  

It was more so that I think his doing it last night may have hurt more than it helped the first time that he did it.  The second time he did it to draw the third foul on their guard was genius.  But the first time took what could have been a 15-6 game and made it a 15-10 game.  That’s all.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

My OP on Trey wasn’t meant to say that I think what he is doing is illegal/annoying (as a Husker fan... it would be as an opposing fan).  

It was more so that I think his doing it last night may have hurt more than it helped the first time that he did it.  The second time he did it to draw the third foul on their guard was genius.  But the first time took what could have been a 15-6 game and made it a 15-10 game.  That’s all.

Yeah, but that's on Lat.  Teachable moment for him I suppose.

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah, but that's on Lat.  Teachable moment for him I suppose.

Feels like Lat paid the price for McGowens there.  McGowens had been stopping short but that was a swerve and stop.  You make it right by hanging a tech on Lat for a motion of zero consequence.  This seemed like some acceptable street justice.

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Feels like Lat paid the price for McGowens there.  McGowens had been stopping short but that was a swerve and stop.  You make it right by hanging a tech on Lat for a motion of zero consequence.  This seemed like some acceptable street justice.

Yeah that was my thoughts at the time exactly.  The refs slapped a T on Lat for touching the opposing player when they got tangled up because they knew they couldn't do it to Trey.  I was thinking to myself "man, Lat, you gotta know what Trey just got away with and in that situation, you gotta just walk away and let the refs handle it from there"

The big "huh" moment for me was when they gave Tech two free throws AND the ball after all that.  Seemed kind of egregious.

29 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah that was my thoughts at the time exactly.  The refs slapped a T on Lat for touching the opposing player when they got tangled up because they knew they couldn't do it to Trey.  I was thinking to myself "man, Lat, you gotta know what Trey just got away with and in that situation, you gotta just walk away and let the refs handle it from there"

The big "huh" moment for me was when they gave Tech two free throws AND the ball after all that.  Seemed kind of egregious.

The only reason I don't like it is I don't want Trey ending a dude's season with a shot to the knee or something because he decided to throw his hip into him a little too egregiously to draw the foul. I get that it's ok in technicality, and I'm all for gaining an advantage to win, but I personally just don't want to be that team. I see the other side of it though. 

30 minutes ago, 49r said:

Not to mention that Pastner got to run onto the court without consequence. Anything goes when you're wearing a face shield I guess.

We should start this lineup tomorrow vs. Creighton:

Teddy, Yvan, Kobe, Delano, Shameil

Bring Trey, Lat, Thor off the bench. 

I think Kobe/Teddy on the wings, Delano @ point with Stevenson @ the 4 & Ouedrago @ 5 gives us more firepower & size, plus we’re stilling trying to “find ourselves” & this lineup looks intriguing & yer certainly not married to the one we have now...

12 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

We should start this lineup tomorrow vs. Creighton:

Teddy, Yvan, Kobe, Delano, Shameil

Bring Trey, Lat, Thor off the bench. 

I think Kobe/Teddy on the wings, Delano @ point with Stevenson @ the 4 & Ouedrago @ 5 gives us more firepower & size, plus we’re stilling trying to “find ourselves” & this lineup looks intriguing & yer certainly not married to the one we have now...

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kobe starting and Trey off the bench. But I’m not sure how he’d handle that. We should probably keep him happy at all costs. 

57 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kobe starting and Trey off the bench. But I’m not sure how he’d handle that. We should probably keep him happy at all costs. 

I don't like Trey coming off the bench in this game because he's far and away our best front court defender and Creighton has guards that will eat you for lunch if you can't hang. I don't think any of the other perimeter defenders can right now in a man-to-man setting.

20 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I don't like Trey coming off the bench in this game because he's far and away our best front court defender and Creighton has guards that will eat you for lunch if you can't hang. I don't think any of the other perimeter defenders can right now in a man-to-man setting.

That’s fair. I actually agree with you. But to play devil’s advocate... Creighton always has talented scoring guards and in the past we’ve almost always had very good perimeter defenders. And it seems like we’re always behind 42 to 23 at halftime. Gotta score points to keep up with Creighton. 

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

That’s fair. I actually agree with you. But to play devil’s advocate... Creighton always has talented scoring guards and in the past we’ve almost always had very good perimeter defenders. And it seems like we’re always behind 42 to 23 at halftime. Gotta score points to keep up with Creighton. 

I have a strategy. How about this: We hit some shots.

That was weird.

I really like how he's shoveling even more candy out of the box after the pinata breaks, just to make sure everyone gets plenty. I have to feel like if he was a real coach, he'd have made the players put on shoulder pads and fight for only the 10 pieces that came out of the pinata to punish them for losing the battle on the boards.

48 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

So the hidden cause of Covid is actually Candy and the way to diagnose is to break Covid open and to reveal the cause you just slam it down.  That’s what I got from the video.  Man these GA Tech videos are way more fun and scientific than anything the CDC puts out.