Georiga Tech (1-2) vs. Nebraska (3-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

I think I might have overrated this team a bit .500 will be a hell of an accomplishment in this conference 

.500 in the BIg 10 this year would indeed be a hell of an accomplishment.   That would be a tournament team almost certainly.   Unfortunately I don't see us anywhere close to that.   No way Georgia Tech would be in the top half of the Big 10 and they just beat us by double digits at home.

10 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Another game we really had no business losing. We need a big guy in the worst way. Also, Stevenson should be taking as many minutes as possible away from Thor. 

I disagree, Stevenson disappeared after he had a poor dribbling turnover, Thor was our second best player tonight.  

3 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Creighton will play uptempo so that will help us.  Ga Tech just made plays down the stretch.  This loss isn’t a disaster.

It’s not a disaster because win or loss we were going to get destroyed in the Big Ten. Big Ten is easily the best league this year and we are still a big man and a few shooters away from contending. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

.500 in the BIg 10 this year would indeed be a hell of an accomplishment.   That would be a tournament team almost certainly.   Unfortunately I don't see us anywhere close to that.   No way Georgia Tech would be in the top half of the Big 10 and they just beat us by double digits at home.

After seeing this team play a few games this season, I will be very surprised if Nebraska wins more than 5 conference games this season.

Edited by Nebrasketballer

7 minutes ago, Red Don said:

I'm not so sure,  I think without Thor we are down even more.

Thor had 7 rebounds and 5 assists. He does a lot of things that other guys on this roster clearly aren't used to doing. Simple things like setting good screens and blocking out. When a shot goes up, watch Thor. He throws his body into someone. Then watch Teddy. He's only getting a rebound if it bounces to him. 

Fred needs to find an answer on offense.  For as highly touted on the offensive end as he was, our half court was trash tonight.  I don’t want to hear “we just need shooters” or “need to knock some down” that’s obvious and was the same flaw we had in the miles era.  If we don’t have Webster go like 5-6 from deep, we shoot well under 30% on threes.

2 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Thor had 7 rebounds and 5 assists. He does a lot of things that other guys on this roster clearly aren't used to doing. Simple things like setting good screens and blocking out. When a shot goes up, watch Thor. He throws his body into someone. Then watch Teddy. He's only getting a rebound if it bounces to him. 

Coming in to this game Allen averaged double the amount of rebounds per game so that doesn’t add.

Thor played better in the second half...atleast defensively. But, if he’s not producing on the offensive end I’d rather see Stevenson out there. 

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Fred needs to find an answer on offense.  For as highly touted on the offensive end as he was, our half court was trash tonight.  I don’t want to hear “we just need shooters” or “need to knock some down” that’s obvious and was the same flaw we had in the miles era.  If we don’t have Webster go like 5-6 from deep, we shoot well under 30% on threes.

I mean he cant make his guys hit open shots. We had alot of good looks. We have all season its just a poor shooting team.