Georiga Tech (1-2) vs. Nebraska (3-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I think Thor gets a bad rap because he doesn't provide a scoring punch right now.  The problem with that is that the entire rest of the starting five are "scorers" and that's something Thor realizes he doesn't need to be.  Thor provides in ways that others do not.  I see a lot of people calling for Thor to lose minutes to Stevenson, but Stevenson wasn't that great last night.  Thor got less than double the minutes of Stevenson, but if you double Stevenson's stats, he finishes with 2 more points, 1 LESS rebound, and 5 LESS assists than Thor.

So while Thor didn't SCORE points last night, he PROVIDED points via an assist.  He was responsible for at least 12 points (2 scored and 5 assists) and that's assuming all of his assists were two pointers.  Stevenson was responsible for 2 points.  That's it.

Overall, there is a place for Thor... and Stevenson on this team.  It doesn't have to be one or the other.  Matchup will play a big factor in that.  Minutes should also be distributed between the two based on who is playing well that night.  Last night... Thor was the better player all-around and minutes reflected that.  Against USD, Stevenson was playing a lot better and got more minutes.

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yuv minutes will decrease with those two in your scenario of wanting less minutes, but Walker and Andre give us nothing that Thor gives us and vice versa.  They are two different players and positions and therefore you won't see Thor's minutes decreasing with them back.  Yuv and Lat are the two that would be affected by their return.

If Thor gets less minutes, it will come from Stevenson and Kobe taking some of those minutes.

I guess when Walker and Andre come back, I would expect Lat to move to the 4 spot, being that stretch-4 would seem to be his most natural position.

I would expect to see Banton, McGowens, Allen, Lat, Walker be the starting 5.