Our First Cancellation?

hskr4life

25 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Also wonder if we get cancelled, if there’d be any way to get USF to come up here....

We are Nebraska...the Big 10 would find some way to say no we don't get a make up game.  There's a lot of discussion (jumping to football for a second) of OSU getting a make up game of some sort of one of their games gets cancelled as the Big 10 wants to guarantee that OSU plays in the Big 10 championship. I've seen a rumor that it might even be Nebraska again just to give them both their make up game. 

Isn't St. Thomas D1 this year? Surely Fred has some "markers" he can call in. We KNEW this was going to happen, know just roll with the punches. I even heard some speculation today about having limited fan seating at the Michigan game on Christmas. Not sure how prudent that is, but if allowed I'm sure I would attend...

Wonder how they structured these non-con contracts - does the contract force the two teams to try to reschedule, or once one team has a covid issue, does that void the contract?

NU is referring to it as a 'cancellation', so that would indicate it's not going to be pushed to that open week, but hard to know for sure without knowing what the contract language looks like.