2020 B1G - ACC Challenge Schedule

throwback

11 minutes ago, kleitus said:

If we end up .500 or even close we need to be happy as hell.

If we are 1 over .500 we will be dancing.

There is no requirement to have a winning record to qualify for the NCAA tournament this year.  Everyone (not serving a post season ban) is eligible.  I would say an argument could very easily be made if we manage to hit double digit wins (total, not conference only) we will be in strong consideration for the dance.

Having that said, we have virtually no shot at hitting that mark.  We'll probably be lucky to win more than a single game left on our schedule.

37 minutes ago, 49r said:

There is no requirement to have a winning record to qualify for the NCAA tournament this year.  Everyone (not serving a post season ban) is eligible.  I would say an argument could very easily be made if we manage to hit double digit wins (total, not conference only) we will be in strong consideration for the dance.

Having that said, we have virtually no shot at hitting that mark.  We'll probably be lucky to win more than a single game left on our schedule.

I'll take the over on that.

11 minutes ago, kleitus said:

Rutgers is a team I could see bomb out... because they're Rutgers and it's gonna be a slog.

Hope they pull it out.  We can lock this thing down tonight pretty much if they do.

I mean Rutgers just beat the snot out of Syracuse WITHOUT their best player, Geo Baker.

B1G leads, 6-1

Miami 58, Purdue 54

Illinois 83, Duke 68

Iowa 93, North Carolina 80

Minnesota 85, Boston College 80 (ot)

Ohio St 90, Notre Dame 85

Penn St 75, Virginia Tech 55

Rutgers 79, Syracuse 69

My goodness - that was a bloodbath. Four double digit wins and If PU had any sort of pulse over the 2nd half after building a 20-pt lead, it would've been a clean sweep.

Wednesday, Dec. 9

4 pm – Maryland at Clemson (ESPN2)

**6:15 pm – Georgia Tech at Nebraska (ESPN2)

6:15 pm – Indiana at Florida St (ESPN)

8:15 pm – Pitt at Northwestern (ESPN2)

Michigan St at Virginia, PPD

Louisville at Wisconsin, PPD

NC State at Michigan, PPD

Edited by throwback

1 hour ago, 49r said:

So basically you think our football and basketball teams could have the same winning record this year depending on how Saturday turns out. 

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Purdue had the best winning percentage in this Big Ten/ACC challenge, and yet they might be the only Big Ten team to lose today.

I was busy monitoring the Southland conference on all tv's and monitors for strength of schedule purposes.  How did the Big 10 do tonight?

Edited by royalfan

Wow, a few observations from an impressive night:

1)  If a team finishes in the top 14 of the Big 10 standings this year, they could very easily be a top 50-60 team overall in the country.  Yes, I know there are only 14 teams in the Big 10!

2)  A Big 10 team that finishes in the bottom 4 of the league this year would be very competitive and possibly wins the Pac 12.  Not a high bar there.  That league has been garbage in football and basketball for awhile now.

3) I put a small wager on a fun 7 team Big 10 parlay last night and didn't think anything of it when Purdue crapped down their leg in the 2nd half in the first game of the night.  In retrospect, I'm glad that was the first game of the day and not the last game of the night.

2 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Wow, a few observations from an impressive night:

1)  If a team finishes in the top 14 of the Big 10 standings this year, they could very easily be a top 50-60 team overall in the country.  Yes, I know there are only 14 teams in the Big 10!

2)  A Big 10 team that finishes in the bottom 4 of the league this year would be very competitive and possibly wins the Pac 12.  Not a high bar there.  That league has been garbage in football and basketball for awhile now.

3) I put a small wager on a fun 7 team Big 10 parlay last night and didn't think anything of it when Purdue crapped down their leg in the 2nd half in the first game of the night.  In retrospect, I'm glad that was the first game of the day and not the last game of the night.

All true!!!  The Big 10 is scary good this year.  

11 hours ago, throwback said:

B1G leads, 6-1

Miami 58, Purdue 54

Illinois 83, Duke 68

Iowa 93, North Carolina 80

Minnesota 85, Boston College 80 (ot)

Ohio St 90, Notre Dame 85

Penn St 75, Virginia Tech 55

Rutgers 79, Syracuse 69

My goodness - that was a bloodbath. Four double digit wins and If PU had any sort of pulse over the 2nd half after building a 20-pt lead, it would've been a clean sweep.

Wednesday, Dec. 9

4 pm – Maryland at Clemson (ESPN2)

**6:15 pm – Georgia Tech at Nebraska (ESPN2)

6:15 pm – Indiana at Florida St (ESPN)

8:15 pm – Pitt at Northwestern (ESPN2)

Michigan St at Virginia, PPD

Louisville at Wisconsin, PPD

NC State at Michigan, PPD

Of the postponed games, do you think the B1G would go 1-2, 2-1 or 3-0?

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Of the postponed games, do you think the B1G would go 1-2, 2-1 or 3-0?

I think 3-0 and the losses for the respective ACC teams would be so embarrassing that they would be forced to eliminate their athletics departments, shut down their universities and quite possibly force the states they reside in to face bankruptcy.