Oral Roberts game day thread 12-4-20

redsteve

OK, it's too early to start a game day thread, but hey, we've waited long enough to get our women's BBall fix.

Just can't wait to get the women on the floor and see what we've got to work with this season. It will be a mixed bag of some game experience with Coach Williams, and transfers...and newbies (I consider transfers to be semi-newbies)

Don't really care who starts really, just want to see how they all react, and are aggressive.

Chemistry:  How has the chemistry changed ? Will we see players having more fun, some leadership showing, and lots of enthusiasm?  

Oral Roberts:  Astoundingly...they have about 12 new players !  So they have their own issues getting their act together.  They're 0-2 apparently , but... will have the initial advantage by playing already.

I predict a 10 point win :)

Edited by redsteve

18 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Talking about anticipation.  I noticed a preview of this years high school WBB, in the OWH today.  I'm already looking forward to Miss Markowski joining 

the Lady Huskers.

Definitely interested to see how she will perform this season.  The same for Miss Weidner.

Edited by mwm89

On 12/2/2020 at 12:15 PM, HUD said:

Unfortunately in Lincoln teams at the present time can't practice or have games.  That may change but nobody seems to know when.  Feel bad for the senior players as this is their last year.

Just seen a tweet that said all sports can resume 12/7/2020.

37 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Okay here is my starting five FWIW. Cain,Bourne, Cravens, Haiby, Scoggins. Just by the way coach tlaked bout Cravens and Scoggins is why I put them in the starting five.

It will be great if we have a couple of new players that can really contribute their first year.  Obviously need the talent to fill the line up, that can bolster the cause.

Haven't even seen them play. But only a day to wait.

GBR !

33 minutes ago, HUD said:

I watched several of her high school games on line and she was impressive in all aspects of her game.  Now taking it to the next level is another story. I hoping she can as well.  Time will tell.

it is my feeling as well. she looked slow, but was told not to worry about it.

Think we've found a shooter in Stewart :)  Brady is making the shoots too.

We're a little sloppy with first game jitters, and newness.  Good stuff at times.  W Brown has the BBall IQ...maybe Stewart too. Cravens just needs to play and gain some confidence. 

Cain will do real well this year. Total confidence.  Haiby....good as usual...as is Bourne ....they all will be the foundation of this team.

The newbies are picking it up very nicely

Edited by redsteve