South Dakota (0-2) vs. Nebraska (2-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

C'mon on husker program... Please Please do something about that horrible shrill piped in crowd noise. I KNOW with all our great crowds + the big ten conference that there's a better sound file floating out there available. Do better. 

Instead of selling $55 cutouts, they should have sold $55 1 minute yelling clips.  Then they could have mashed a bunch together and played them in 4-5 minute loops.

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I like Thor... have defended him quite a bit on the board.... he is struggling tonight.

I like Thor too...but this year he has looked like a guy who used to be our most consistent player but has been passed by a team full of superior players.  He came into this game shooting 22% from the field - worst on the team - and he is 0-2 today.  He is doing that while averaging over 27 mpg too.  

I know his value is measured in other ways, but he hasn’t looked great this year.

2 minutes ago, OurDecay said:

I like Thor too...but this year he has looked like a guy who used to be our most consistent player but has been passed by a team full of superior players.  He came into this game shooting 22% from the field - worst on the team - and he is 0-2 today.  He is doing that while averaging over 27 mpg too.  

I know his value is measured in other ways, but he hasn’t looked great this year.

One thing he doesn’t do— he doesn’t turn it over.  That in itself is worth keeping him on the floor.  He isn’t trying to force shots which is something you’d not want out of him if he is on the floor.  He’s the best “role” player that one could ask for really.  Plays good D, hustles, doesn’t force, doesn’t turn it over, not afraid to score if needed, passes well, etc.

12 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

We were able to EXTEND a first half lead with Banton and Teddy out of the game with foul trouble.  THAT is the difference between this year and last year.

The past few teams would not still lead by 7 against a team like this after playing poorly in the first half. That's a sign the talent and depth is improved. 

13 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

C'mon on husker program... Please Please do something about that horrible shrill piped in crowd noise. I KNOW with all our great crowds + the big ten conference that there's a better sound file floating out there available. Do better. 

I'm not sure, but I think this may be a Big Ten thing and not a Nebraska thing.  I.E. I think they're using the same crowd noise sound in all the Big Ten arenas.  I heard something during the Minnesota game the other day about how they had to agree on specific decibel levels for the piped in crowd noise, and it would not surprise me at all to learn that they insisted on using the same sound too.

But having that said, it is awful and I wish they could do better.