B1G bias

hugh42

I generally haven't bought into the B1G having a bias towards Nebraska, but now I'm starting to wonder. During halftime of the MSU-EMU game they showed highlights of all of the completed games in league, except us. Not even a mention. Since the game was carried on BTN, I would assume that you would show results from all games that were televised. Coincidence?

12 minutes ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

I have a co-worker that is from Pennsylvania and is a Penn State fan.  Says Penn State is still treated as an outsider, probably always will be.  Get used to it, he says.  Also notes that the conference keeps its name not only for brand recognition but also to make it clear that 4 schools are not an accepted part of the whole.

Sounds a bit tin-foily to me....  but there are times that certainly make you wonder.

Lol I wonder what that means for the 10 teams of the big 12. 

We have never been relevant in the national realm and playing McNeese St.  People in IL, IN, OH etc could care less.  And Husker hoops isn’t relevant like Michigan St, Indiana, Michigan, etc.  I mean let’s be honest.  Just because we beat McNeese we shouldn’t act like we are a sweet 16 team all a sudden 

Edited by Milk

22 minutes ago, Milk said:

We have never been relevant in the national realm and playing McNeese St.  People in IL, IN, OH etc could care less.  And Husker hoops isn’t relevant like Michigan St, Indiana, Michigan, etc.  I mean let’s be honest.  Just because we beat McNeese we shouldn’t act like we are a sweet 16 team all a sudden 

I agree, we should skip the sweet 16 nonsense and act like a final four team.  😃

I misread the original post.  This happened during the Indiana game.  They started to discuss scores around the conference not long after I turned on the TV.  All of the other schools were listed except Nebraska.  They even went on and on about all the teams putting up big numbers and no mention of our game.

9 hours ago, Milk said:

Not at all.  Look at it from a national perspective, it’s McNeese St as the opponent.  Nebraska historically the doormat of the conference playing McNeese St.  It’s irrelevant from conference perspective 

I'm not talking about the national perspective, just the Big 10. BTN covers everything Big 10 and the game was carried by BTN. They show highlights of every Big 10 game if they can and if not they at least post the scores from other games. Again, this just seemed odd that they didn't acknowledge that we even played yesterday. I would be making the same point if another Big 10 school would have been left out as well. After all, this was the opening day for basketball and we were a part of BTN's 12 hours of basketball promo.

4 hours ago, hugh42 said:

I'm not talking about the national perspective, just the Big 10. BTN covers everything Big 10 and the game was carried by BTN. They show highlights of every Big 10 game if they can and if not they at least post the scores from other games. Again, this just seemed odd that they didn't acknowledge that we even played yesterday. I would be making the same point if another Big 10 school would have been left out as well. After all, this was the opening day for basketball and we were a part of BTN's 12 hours of basketball promo.

Same network a couple years back that instead of promoting one of it's teams for the big dance, like the $EC network was doing, they decided to spew their beliefs why we should not be in.  Let's face it, BTN is a crappy network that few watch IF Nebraska is not playing volleyball, basketball or football on it.

17 hours ago, hugh42 said:

I generally haven't bought into the B1G having a bias towards Nebraska, but now I'm starting to wonder. During halftime of the MSU-EMU game they showed highlights of all of the completed games in league, except us. Not even a mention. Since the game was carried on BTN, I would assume that you would show results from all games that were televised. Coincidence?

I didn’t watch, so I’m just guessing on this, because it seems a little ridiculous to me that there would be some conspiracy to suppress Nebraska basketball... Are you sure they weren’t just reviewing games of Top-25 Big Ten teams? It’s not uncommon for BTN or ESPN to sometimes focus highlights on teams that are ranked. So, since Nebraska isn’t currently ranked in the Top-25, is it possible thats why they didn’t spend time specifically highlighting Nebraska basketball yesterday? Again, I didn’t see the segments you were talking about, so I’m just guessing, but do you know if they showed highlights of any Big Ten teams that weren’t ranked?

26 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Same network a couple years back that instead of promoting one of it's teams for the big dance, like the $EC network was doing, they decided to spew their beliefs why we should not be in.  Let's face it, BTN is a crappy network that few watch IF Nebraska is not playing volleyball, basketball or football on it.

Good point... I forgot about this. From the outside, you would have thought a bottom tier SEC team was stronger than Nebraska was that season.

1 hour ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I didn’t watch, so I’m just guessing on this, because it seems a little ridiculous to me that there would be some conspiracy to suppress Nebraska basketball... Are you sure they weren’t just reviewing games of Top-25 Big Ten teams? It’s not uncommon for BTN or ESPN to sometimes focus highlights on teams that are ranked. So, since Nebraska isn’t currently ranked in the Top-25, is it possible thats why they didn’t spend time specifically highlighting Nebraska basketball yesterday? Again, I didn’t see the segments you were talking about, so I’m just guessing, but do you know if they showed highlights of any Big Ten teams that weren’t ranked?

They showed highlights of Maryland's game with Old Dominion and Maryland is not ranked.