Walker suspension is ENDING IN ? DAYS at Purdue

skerbball

36 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

During Fred's presser today he mentioned that Walker had 11 more games he had to sit (paraphrasing). Sounds like they may have been successful with their appeal.

I heard that too.  I wish someone would have asked him for clarification.  It only seems fair to adjust the suspension since the maximum games that can be played are less than normal.

59 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

During Fred's presser today he mentioned that Walker had 11 more games he had to sit (paraphrasing). Sounds like they may have been successful with their appeal.

That means he should be available for the game @ Maryland (Jan 16th).

1 hour ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I heard that too.  I wish someone would have asked him for clarification.  It only seems fair to adjust the suspension since the maximum games that can be played are less than normal.

I caught that too but we were at the tail end of the Zoom so I asked Shamus in the chat section of the Zoom for clarification on whether Fred miscounted or if the suspension length had changed. He said he'd ask but as of 5:30 on Monday when I followed up, he said he still didn't have clarity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

28 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Is Walker a paint only guy like Yvan or can he step out to the arc and do some things? The guy is like Bigfoot. I hear a lot about him but I'm not sure if he really exists. The big question is can he hold his own on the block against Big Ten post players on defense?

Paint only

29 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Is Walker a paint only guy like Yvan or can he step out to the arc and do some things? The guy is like Bigfoot. I hear a lot about him but I'm not sure if he really exists. The big question is can he hold his own on the block against Big Ten post players on defense?

Here are some highlights from some AAU games. I would imagine most of his game will be in the post, but I recall seeing video of him during shooting drills last season and he had a nice looking shot from beyond the arc.

32 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I think we have a video of Jordy on here somewhere where he actually makes a 3pter in practice.

Yes, I recall a video of Jordy making a 3. Unlike Jordy, I think Walker would have the ability to knock down a 3 in a game. There is another video (which I can't find) that shows Walker making a 3 during practice and he looks pretty fluid from behind the arc.

6 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Yer confusing him with Omar Manning...