New Uniforms

skerbball

On 11/21/2020 at 5:15 PM, 49r said:

The '91 unis were made by Champion. I always liked 'em.

598b78095bcfb.image.jpg

FWIW, this is definitely not 90-91 as I don’t believe TB was even on the roster.  The next year I believe he redshirted as Fr.  Then he played as a RS Fr ( along with true Freshmen Boone, Woolridge and Strickland) on the 92-93 team.  Pretty sure I have that right ?  All that to say that this picture was 92 at the earliest.

8 hours ago, lang said:

FWIW, this is definitely not 90-91 as I don’t believe TB was even on the roster.  The next year I believe he redshirted as Fr.  Then he played as a RS Fr ( along with true Freshmen Boone, Woolridge and Strickland) on the 92-93 team.  Pretty sure I have that right ?  All that to say that this picture was 92 at the earliest.

You are correct, but the uni TB is wearing was debuted in 90-91.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, hugh42 said:

I think this might be the first black uniform we had, if not it is very similar to what we wore in 1990-91 when they were debuted.

The Elite Nebrasketball Bracket: 1991 trumps 1994 in battle of Danny Nee  teams to win tournament | Men's Basketball | journalstar.com

First time down in Columbia...lost 71-91?   And in Big 8 tourney vs KU (win) and maybe at home one game that year ?   I’m guessing you’ll remember?

1 hour ago, lang said:

First time down in Columbia...lost 71-91?   And in Big 8 tourney vs KU (win) and maybe at home one game that year ?   I’m guessing you’ll remember?

For some reason, I'm remembering the first time the black uniforms being worn that season on the road against Iowa State, where we won 65-57. I certainly could be wrong. But the only reason this stands out to me is because I was sitting in Pershing Auditorium that night watching the Harlem Globetrotters. They kept flashing the Husker game score. I distinctly remember my dad wearing his radio headphones listening to the Husker game telling me that Nebraska apparently wore black. I remember wanting to get home in time to watch the 10 o'clock news to see the black uniforms. That's what I remember anyway, lol.

44 minutes ago, wish0922 said:

For some reason, I'm remembering the first time the black uniforms being worn that season on the road against Iowa State, where we won 65-57. I certainly could be wrong. But the only reason this stands out to me is because I was sitting in Pershing Auditorium that night watching the Harlem Globetrotters. They kept flashing the Husker game score. I distinctly remember my dad wearing his radio headphones listening to the Husker game telling me that Nebraska apparently wore black. I remember wanting to get home in time to watch the 10 o'clock news to see the black uniforms. That's what I remember anyway, lol.

You are correct on the game and the black uniforms. We had an old satellite dish and I was searching for the game with little luck and then I came across the game and saw us wearing black and thought I was on the wrong game. I was fired up when I realized what was up and we had our black unis on.