2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - LOI

33 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

Out of curiosity how many spots do we have left and what do you think our order is?  

traudt

Brown

hunter jr

green?

just my thoughts.

There aren’t any spots left right now. Some will definitely open up. A couple bench players will inevitably leave after the season in search of more playing time. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Lat turns pro after this year. Trey and Bryce have already said they hope to go pro after this year. 

I think Westry would be top priority at guard now. And we wouldn’t turn down Traudt or Green. If all three of these guys wanted to be Huskers, I think we would make room if necessary. 

7 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

There aren’t any spots left right now. Some will definitely open up. A couple bench players will inevitably leave after the season in search of more playing time. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Lat turns pro after this year. Trey and Bryce have already said they hope to go pro after this year. 

I think Westry would be top priority at guard now. And we wouldn’t turn down Traudt or Green. If all three of these guys wanted to be Huskers, I think we would make room if necessary. 

Makes sense, I didn’t think we were on the map for Westry anymore so I didn’t include him.  I just assumed since we we already had a SG and a center this class if we were looking for a PF and a PG as well.  But I wouldn’t be surprised with who we bring in, I would be surprised to maybe see green and brown become 4 stars after a senior season.  

6 minutes ago, REDitus said:

I think Walker would probably move on too because this year will be his 5th.    I think PG,PF and SG would be the order to fill IMHO at this moment in time.   

Of course this could change, but after this past season Walker told the media he wanted to play two more years at Nebraska. 

32 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Of course this could change, but after this past season Walker told the media he wanted to play two more years at Nebraska. 

Guessing we could have 5 spots open up. Think Trey and Lat will move on with their careers. 1 probably 2 bench guys will want more time and leave. Finally I know Walker said he wants to play but if Ed is what we think and Blaise coming in PT will be tight.

43 minutes ago, REDitus said:

I think Walker would probably move on too because this year will be his 5th.    I think PG,PF and SG would be the order to fill IMHO at this moment in time.   

Why? He's getting paid to get his Master's Degree. Dude has to be happier than a pig in slop.

And pigs in slop are very happy.

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

So...how was your Sunday?

Oh, NBD...just signed a 4* for the 2022 class, that's all...

I almost feel guilty/spoiled because this is no longer a shock to hear news like this.  Always great to hear of course but this staff can flat out recruit.

13 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Guessing we could have 5 spots open up. Think Trey and Lat will move on with their careers. 1 probably 2 bench guys will want more time and leave. Finally I know Walker said he wants to play but if Ed is what we think and Blaise coming in PT will be tight.

Perhaps Walker slides out to the 4 spot?   It's an interesting  situation.     

Glad to have Lloyd Jr.  part of the team,  he will fit in well in Hoiberg's offense and could guard a 2 or 3. 

Edited by REDitus

13 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Why? He's getting paid to get his Master's Degree. Dude has to be happier than a pig in slop.

And pigs in slop are very happy.

Why?  Well from my perspective after 4 years of college, I was tired of college.  I was ready to move on and get to work at the end.   Now if you have a goal to get a master's that's different&make sense so I get it.   I didn't have that motivation.  My only motivation was one last semester of cheap tickets, wrap up a few odds&ends and collect a piece of paper.   Back to Ramel...I think he's a great addition.

Edited by REDitus

On 7/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, TheKamdyMan said:

Though people at the time said it played no part in it but Oregon getting their 5 star guard apparently has him rethinking things as Oregon was the leader at the time. 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, throwback said:

I know a guy who could help to change his mind.

Creighton University's Head Coach Dana Altman - an NET Sports Feature -  YouTube

Thanks Dana

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - VC
  • hhcmatt pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see Ramel's name in the Rivals 150 for 2022 any longer. Looks like he and Jasen Green have both dropped out.

Jason has gone down 22 spots at his position and Ramel has dropped 38 spots at his position, per Rivals.

That's what summer does. And I think Ramel was dealing with some injuries this summer, so he didn't show as much. But this is when Rivals and other scouting services get to compare kids with other players and make their assessments. Seems like there's less movement following the scholastic season than the summer circuit.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see Ramel's name in the Rivals 150 for 2022 any longer. Looks like he and Jasen Green have both dropped out.

Jason has gone down 22 spots at his position and Ramel has dropped 38 spots at his position, per Rivals.

That's what summer does. And I think Ramel was dealing with some injuries this summer, so he didn't show as much. But this is when Rivals and other scouting services get to compare kids with other players and make their assessments. Seems like there's less movement following the scholastic season than the summer circuit.

Expected Ramel to drop because he hasn’t played much in the last year. Still think he’s a 4 star caliber talent though. 

Green dropping that much surprised me. His summer went about as well as it could have. Got some more Power 5 offers and statistically outplayed Traudt in many of their games. He doesn’t have the length, skillset or potential that Traudt does, but I think he’ll be a real solid college player. Hopefully for Nebraska. 

• 2 months later...