2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - LOI

19 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

His father also played college ball

And father was pretty good, too.  

Here is a link to his stats: One year at Syracuse, then three at Long Beach State (the coach was a former assistant at Syracuse).

And here is a quote from the link: "Ramel 'Rock' Lloyd was a shooting guard at Syracuse for one season. Lloyd was a big guard, with a reputation for being tough. He was a Parade All American at Cardinal Hayes High School."

And here is an Arkansas connection: "Lloyd would play in the NBDL in the 2001-02 season for Fayetteville."

Edited by Swan88

Maybe he stays somewhere his entire career but I'm getting the vibe here that we're recruiting JR to be one of the schools he attends during his college career.  Given the recruiting class we pulled in of transfers it seems like a viable strategy.

• 3 weeks later...

Lloyd's Dad was on 93.7 today with DP and Stephens and apparently Lloyd's dad and DP go way back.  The interview was a good listen.  Anyways, the Dad sounded like he was a good ball player back in the day as he played ABA ball.  The family sounds well grounded and they hit it off very well with Fred during the visit.  Lloyd referenced Lincoln as being a great place to not get distracted from school and ball and he raved about the facilities and Fred's ability to get players to the next level.  After the call, DP referenced the top 8 but said the one thing he knew for sure is that Nebraska was on the "short, short, short" list...which sounds promising.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I thought he was supposed to announce his decision on June 27th?  What ever happened with that?

Though people at the time said it played no part in it but Oregon getting their 5 star guard apparently has him rethinking things as Oregon was the leader at the time. 

On 7/14/2021 at 9:09 AM, ConkintheCorner said:

Sorry I should of been more specific, just my prediction!  Felt like he was going to Oregon until they signed a 5 star and with his dad being on local radio shows I feel like we are the frontrunners to land him!

Hearing that your instincts might be spot on here