2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - LOI

31 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Didn't he sign.  If he does renege on his signed letter of intent, what are the resultant ramifications?

NU would have to grant him a release, which they will if he requests it. Robin’s talked about this a lot over the years, but almost no school denies that request anymore. Puts the school in seriously bad graces on recruiting circles. Most don’t want to have that associated with their program. 

Edited by uneblinstu

On 2/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, hhcmatt said:

Can he be a Hoiberg team PG as a true freshman?  Talent, certainly. It's all about the fit.

In terms of talent it's possibly a big loss here. He's got a BIG body and ability.

It's always been about fit  and we were always looking at a guy here who isn't necessarily a PG to come in and be our PG. 

In some regards it feels like we haven't been recruiting PG depth so that Lloyd just gets the job by default.  It's felt like that's how we've recruited the PG position for the last 3 years. Let's hope the change at least results in us putting together a more cohesive team.

43 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

This is a big loss man some of the comments about him possibly leaving are baffling on here.

How good has this team you've watched been over the last 3 years? How much of a team player do you think a guy who doesn't seem to give a crap who the coach or the team is will be?

So yeah it sucks we're probably losing a really good player but what sucks more is having really good players on bad teams.  By all means still decide to come here or don't.

12 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

How good has this team you've watched been over the last 3 years? How much of a team player do you think a guy who doesn't seem to give a crap who the coach or the team is will be?

So yeah it sucks we're probably losing a really good player but what sucks more is having really good players on bad teams.  By all means still decide to come here or don't.

Yes, so many “really good players”. Hard to count them all. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

Yes, so many “really good players”. Hard to count them all. Lol. 

Enough good players to beat Wisconsin and Ohio State on the road when they play as a team.  Some players excelling after leaving, such as Teddy.  For whatever reason fit and chemistry have been terrible here… I suspect too many egos on the roster.

if he doesn’t want to come here because of Matt A leaving, probably not they type of guy we need, talented or not.  I want to see guys who are good team guys, like McPhearson and Dawson appear to be.

32 minutes ago, busticket said:

Enough good players to beat Wisconsin and Ohio State on the road when they play as a team.  Some players excelling after leaving, such as Teddy.  For whatever reason fit and chemistry have been terrible here… I suspect too many egos on the roster.

if he doesn’t want to come here because of Matt A leaving, probably not they type of guy we need, talented or not.  I want to see guys who are good team guys, like McPhearson and Dawson appear to be.

Quaran and Denim have been rallying the team, it seems. Hope their talent level is B1G level, because Nebraska needs them to be really good, productive players next season.

15 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It's not uncommon for kids to commit to specific coaches especially when you're coming from places like California to Nebraska of course you're going to build that bond. The issues the past 3 years were mostly the coach. I find it funny Teddy Allen leaves balls out and his team makes the tournament this year. 

Sorry, when I read this article, in particular when he mentions the direct contacts with Fred, I am mystified with any change of heart.  I believe we will re-lock this young man.  (Although his list of suitors is quite impressive).

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/husker-commit-ramel-lloyd-jr-further-sold-after-official-visit?yptr=yahoo

23 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Sorry, when I read this article, in particular when he mentions the direct contacts with Fred, I am mystified with any change of heart.  I believe we will re-lock this young man.  (Although his list of suitors is quite impressive).

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/husker-commit-ramel-lloyd-jr-further-sold-after-official-visit?yptr=yahoo

I have notifications turned on when he posts, so I'll be able to tell when/if he moves. 

Good find on the fred connection though

5 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

He removed all mentions of Nebraska and is tweeting out clips of his highlights. I'd be surprised if he was still committed here at the end of the week.

Gonna be completely honest, I'm a bit shocked. He has been reposting highlights from earlier in the season, took down everything related to Nebraska, and just trending towards leaving. I'm extremely happy he's back on board, because we have one wing with game experience this past year (CJ) and Dawson who redshirted. Getting him on board will help that. 

Assuming Trey and lat leave, I would get a bigger wing who can play down to the 4, or a 4 who can play the 5, either works. And then a ball handler. 

54 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Gonna be completely honest, I'm a bit shocked. He has been reposting highlights from earlier in the season, took down everything related to Nebraska, and just trending towards leaving. I'm extremely happy he's back on board, because we have one wing with game experience this past year (CJ) and Dawson who redshirted. Getting him on board will help that. 

Assuming Trey and lat leave, I would get a bigger wing who can play down to the 4, or a 4 who can play the 5, either works. And then a ball handler. 

I want another pg/ball handler and a stretch 4.  

I think we can make do in the wing.  Between Griesell having the ability to play there, Wilcher and a combination of McPherson/Lawrence/Dawson/Lloyd, I think we can get decent play there.    And if for sone reason Trey comes back, it’s even better.   

findjng someone to compliment goggles at the 4 is imperative.