2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - LOI

• 2 weeks later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - LOI
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The things i noticed were that

- he didn't really come off the court for one of the more loaded hs basketball teams in the country

- didn't appear to be the primary ball handler though at points brought the ball up the court

- ball didn't stick much in his hands

- can score from all 3 levels

- seemed to make good basketball plays.  Bronny James (20) seemed more like he was hero balling it out there

Feels like a stretch to call Lloyd a PG. I think he's more of a combo guard but maybe that's more of what we're looking for anyway.

52 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The things i noticed were that

- he didn't really come off the court for one of the more loaded hs basketball teams in the country

- didn't appear to be the primary ball handler though at points brought the ball up the court

- ball didn't stick much in his hands

- can score from all 3 levels

- seemed to make good basketball plays.  Bronny James (20) seemed more like he was hero balling it out there

Feels like a stretch to call Lloyd a PG. I think he's more of a combo guard but maybe that's more of what we're looking for anyway.

Thank you for the input. After watching, taking at least 1 PG this year seems necessary no?

50 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Thank you for the input. After watching, taking at least 1 PG this year seems necessary no?

I think that even if he is a true pg we have to look at bringing in another ball handler depending on who we bring back because it would be just him and McPherson right now.  Just think about where we'd be with Trey going down if we didn't have Kobe to pair with Verge or if we would have just rolled with Trey and Kobe.

Looks like we're still in on Avery Brown.

I was fairly impressed with Ramel Lloyd Jr. He seemed to have a good head on his shoulders for being on a loaded team that includes Bronny James. Ramel doesn't appear to get caught up in the hype. He played the game the right way. He showed that he had a lot of skill without being 'full of himself.' I liked a lot of what I saw last night.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, LK1 said:

Ramel is a really good all around player.  He looks highly coachable and physically strong enough to play immediately.  He reminds me a bit of Ade's game.  Similar measurements and skillsets.  Great get.  

Easy now........ You start mentioning a player like Ade and I'm gonna get all excited. Don't put me in a position like that to get let down. Choose your words more carefully next time 😆

• 2 weeks later...