2022 SF Ramel Lloyd Jr - LOI

• 2 weeks later...

Going to sip the koolaid on this one. Think he's a perfect fit into what Fred wants on offense as a secondary creator. Can score a bit too. I'm not pegging him as a starter next year yet, but he will be playing a lot. 

Obviously need a primary next year too and Fred needs to figure out the rest of the program. But I'm a huge fan of this kid. Lawrence has started to grow on me too

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, hhcmatt said:

Can he be a Hoiberg team PG as a true freshman?  Talent, certainly. It's all about the fit.

Not sure if he has the handles, but he'd be starting right now regardless.  If he does have the handles, he could be a similar PG to the Harris twins that played for Kentucky awhile back.  It would be nice for us defensively to roll out 6'6" - 6'7" PG and wings next season.  

I almost wonder if we could groom Keisei to try it at PG.  He just doesn't have the size to guard/get his shot off at any other position and he's a decent passer.  He might make a better reserve p&r PG.  

1 hour ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Not sure if he has the handles, but he'd be starting right now regardless.  If he does have the handles, he could be a similar PG to the Harris twins that played for Kentucky awhile back.  It would be nice for us defensively to roll out 6'6" - 6'7" PG and wings next season.  

I almost wonder if we could groom Keisei to try it at PG.  He just doesn't have the size to guard/get his shot off at any other position and he's a decent passer.  He might make a better reserve p&r PG.  

The #1 task for Keisei this summer needs to be getting real point guard skills. I've seen him operate p&rs a bit this year, but having that consistent ability to do that would be incredible for him. Make him much more viable. 

For Lloyd, I see a wing creator that has the ability to score or create for others. I wouldn't put him in a primary role though. I imagine he'll take Bryce's spot in the starting lineup next year. Or CJ will and he'll fill in as a sixth man. A lot also depends on Trey's decision

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

The #1 task for Keisei this summer needs to be getting real point guard skills. I've seen him operate p&rs a bit this year, but having that consistent ability to do that would be incredible for him. Make him much more viable. 

For Lloyd, I see a wing creator that has the ability to score or create for others. I wouldn't put him in a primary role though. I imagine he'll take Bryce's spot in the starting lineup next year. Or CJ will and he'll fill in as a sixth man. A lot also depends on Trey's decision

Regarding Keisei, one thing I've noticed that could limit him playing the point is that he does not use his right hand to pass the ball or shoot it for that matter. He seems to dribble fine with his off hand however. Having said this, I don't see him filling this role.

3 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Regarding Keisei, one thing I've noticed that could limit him playing the point is that he does not use his right hand to pass the ball or shoot it for that matter. He seems to dribble fine with his off hand however. Having said this, I don't see him filling this role.

Agreed overall to be perfectly honest. Having him for 3 years gives him some room to develop those traits though

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/basketball/2022/

ON3 has him as the 139th player overall and 34th Small Forward

Looks like Duke has a Fab 5 class with #1,3,4,10 and 61st ranked players.  Ohio State lands 4 in the top 150 to lead the Big Ten with Michigan and Illinois signing 3. 

Edited by Navin R. Johnson

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

So Lloyd removed all husker related stuff from his Instagram and removed "husker commit" from his header on Twitter. We'll probably hear something soon on him. 

Didn't he sign.  If he does renege on his signed letter of intent, what are the resultant ramifications?